Sunday, May 19, 2013

Birthday, shopping, and swimming

Wow.....what a busy weekend.  Friday was Aunt Koko's birthday!!!  Makenzie and I went and got her kolaches before I took her school and left them on her porch with flowers and a bottle of wine and some cards.  We are very blessed to have her in our lives and hope she had an amazing birthday!!!  After work we met Shannon, Presley, Koko, Dallas, and the girls at the pool. 
 We came home and changed and then went to Saltgrass for Korie's birthday dinner.  The wait was forever to get a table and Makenzie was very restless.  We finally got a table and Scotty met us up there and it was delicious.  Kenzie fed her baby goldfish and was really good considering how late it was.
 
Saturday I woke up kinda early and speed cleaned the house before Makenzie woke up.  It hasn't been deep cleaned since we put the house on the market, so it needed a good scrubbing.  She woke up and we went to Koko's house and hung out in her bed.  It's my favorite thing to do at her house.  Everyone piles in her bed and we are just lazy and hang out.  We wrestle, Kenzie jumps, we eat, we talk, we watch TV--it's great.  Arielle had her cheerleading fitting so we went with them to that.

 
Kenzie and Dallas ran around while Korie helped Arielle, Destiny helped keep an eye on them.  I heard Makenzie squealing and realized she saw Mrs. Jennifer there.
 
She was so excited to see her.  Jennifer carried her around for awhile and then I got her right before we left.  Bless her heart.  She hates saying goodbye to her.  I think the feeling is mutual.  We left there and went and ran some errands.  Kenzie didn't have a nap and by the end of our shopping she had had enough.  She broke down at J.C. Penney and Aunt Koko finally was able to get her to fall asleep.
 




Korie dropped us off at my car and we rushed to Mesquite to help Jessica move out her storage building.  They are moving to an apartment in Rockwall and needed to borrow trucks to move their stuff.  I borrowed Scotty's truck for the day, so off we went.  Makenzie only wanted me to hold her, which wasn't letting me do anything.  We ended up sitting in the truck, in the air conditioning.  I'm glad I had that excuse--it was HOT. 
 
 
We got our trucks filled and headed to Rockwall to move it into the apartment.  It's a cute place and will be perfect for them.  We hung out upstairs with Jessica while the boys emptied the trucks and then headed home to meet Scotty when he got off work.   No time to rest though, we loaded up and met Korie, Lance and the kids and headed to Micocina for dinner.  It was delicious.  We got a corner booth so the kiddos could run around it and still be contained--it worked perfect!  We got home late and Makenzie crashed immediately.
 
This morning we slept in late.  Scotty had a fantasy football meeting, so Me and Kenzie picked up Koko and headed out to run some errands.  We met Shannon and John at Costco and did some shopping.  That place always sucks me in and I spend way to much moo-lah.  I gave Kenzie my phone to play with to alleviate a temper tantrum and got it back with 42 random pictures that she had taken.  She knows how to push the buttons and flip the camera around so that it faces her.  I heard her say "cheese" and sure enough took lots of pictures of herself, and everything else.


We came back and had a BBQ at Korie and Lances house and all our buddies came over.   Kenzie always has so much fun playing there.  I guess because all the toys are different and new to her.  I could tell she was getting sleepy so I laid her down in Dallas' big boy bed in his room.  She snuggled up and went to sleep.  I was very surprised. 
 
After nap, we all went to the pool and hung out for the rest of the afternoon.  Kenzie runs all over the place.  It's very stressful keeping an eye on her, but the guys sat out on the side so we had lots of eyes on the kiddos.
 



We had a wonderful weekend and it was spent with amazing friends and family.  We are loving life right now and are so blessed!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment