Tuesday, January 29, 2013

18 months

My sweet girl is 18 months today! I can't believe it!! I need for time to freeze! She is such a sweetheart and keeps me laughing all the time! Her checkup is tomorrow, so I'll post all her stats then!! I want to jot down a few things so I can remember them later!!

Schedule: She wakes up around 6:45 during the week and daddy gets her dressed for the day while I'm getting ready for work! I drop her off at the baby sitters about 7:10'ish and head to work! I pick her up about 6'ish and we head home and get dinner ready, then it's bath, brushing teeth and in bed about 7:30'ish!
On the weekends, we let her sleep until she wakes on her own, which is about 7:30-8. She'll take a nap after lunch from about 12:30-3:00, and then down for the night about 8'ish!

Food: This can be a battle for us! Breakfast is usually easy--eggs, French toast sticks(with syrup of course), muffins, toaster struddle(sausage and egg)--just about anything! Lunch and dinner are another story! The babysitter, Jennifer, says she gets her to eat anything I send---not sure how she does this, unless Makenzie just plays me at home(which is highly likely). I normally send leftovers or TV dinners(yes I'm THAT mom), lunchables, or anything I can find! I always send a fruit--she LOVES anything fruit! Dinner is a beating! Seriously! I have started "bribing"--take a bite of chicken and mommy will give you a noodle(maccoroni--its her favorite and works miracles)--and no-I am not above bribing!! I always have a vegetable and then also normally bribe with frozen blueberries--they are like crack for her!! She has a sippy cup of milk in the morning and before bed, and one sippy of half juice/half water during the day and then refilled with water!

Makenzie LOVES babies, and just started saying bah-bee! The cutest little voice ever! She has a million babies and will bring them to you one by one over and over! She kisses them and pushes them in the stroller! She also loves balls! She chunks them everywhere, BACKWARDS. Do not be behind her when she's throwing balls, you will get knocked out! It's the funniest thing ever! She throws with her left hand and just slings it behind her!

We have started being really good about brushing her teeth! I do it every night, and on the weekends in the morning too! She opens up and sticks her tongue out, right in my way, and says "ahhh" and let's me get a good brushing in! I let her do it a few times in between my turn!

I don't know if she is saving her voice for later, but the girl just won't talk! She understands EVERYTHING, things I didn't know she knew! One day, I told her to take a dryer sheet to the trash for me(just to get her to walk away so I could actually fold the laundry real fast) and she picked it up and walked herself in the kitchen and lifted up the trash lid and threw it away!! I was so proud! So of course I had to get the video camera and another dryer sheet and have her do it again! Now, we have to watch her--she loves taking things to the trash! She will pick up and bring to us anything we ask! She will say:
Mama,dada,ball,baby,shoes,more and kirbydog! That's it! She will very rarely repeat words that we say! I've heard, papa,momo,bath,cheese and maybe a few others! I'm sure when she starts really talking we'll be wishing she had waited a little longer!! (but I can't wait to hear that sweet voice more)

Makenzie has about a million facial expressions! You can totally read her by her expression(mom tells me not to let her know I know this and I can use it to my advantage later)! She opens her eyes real wide and makes her mouth look like an O if she's doing something she's not supposed to! If I get on to her she will open her mouth real wide with a look of surprise and hold it for a long time--like she can't believe I just got onto her! She side-eyes people non stop! She will give a half smile with huge dimples and turn her head away but still look at you out of the corner of her eyes! I LOVE it!!

She is the sweetest thing! Loves to give kisses and hugs! If I pretend to cry and cover my face she will start to whimper and move my hands! She loves to come crawl in our laps and read books(again, over and over).

I don't have enough time or blog space to describe just how sweet she is! I love her more than I ever even thought I could love something! She is my heart and soul and I look forward to everyday I have with her!!

(my computer is in the shop still, so my good pictures will get out up later)





No comments:

Post a Comment