Thursday, August 9, 2018

Moving

We got an offer on our house while we were on vacation and everything was set to be final on July 20th.  In the meantime I had to pack up the whole house and we had to find a place to live.  We found a rental in our neighborhood that decided to let us do a short term lease and then month to month if need be until our house was built.  I transferred all the utilities to this house and had a moving company set to move us.  On the Friday before we were set to move the landlord called me and told me that our HOA said no short term leases for our neighborhood.  I told him I would call Monday morning first thing and get everything handled because of course by the time he called me they had already left the office.  I spent all weekend pretty nervous about the situation.  Monday morning I called and spoke to the HOA minutes after they opened and they told me it would be no problem and they just needed a copy of our contract for our new build.  I immediately called the landlord and informed him and he kept giving me the run around.  Finally I got it out of him that they had accepted another contract over the weekend for a year term lease.  I was so MAD and of course upset.  We were set to get the keys that day and start moving our boxes over.  I had to call and cancel all the utilities and the movers and rush to find a new place.  I also experienced my first panic attack.  I started to feel nauseous and had the worst headache and I could feel my heart beating throughout my body.  It was the weirdest feeling.  Bebe came to my rescue and came and sat with the kids while I tried to sleep it off.  I was able to find a rental in our same little town not far from our neighborhood that was willing to do a 6 month lease with a month to month option after until our house was built.  I immediately felt a weight being lifted off my shoulders.  There were some more bumps in the road along the way that now looking back on weren't as big as they seemed at the time but all added up to be a very stressful time for me.
 We got the keys that following Monday and the kids and I started taking a few loads of boxes over everyday.  It was so hot but the kids did AMAZING.  That Friday the movers came and brought over all our furniture and it was done. 
This was a very stressful process for us but I am so thankful to be in our little rental house and to begin the next chapter and looking forward to when our house is built and get to do this same process over again.

No comments:

Post a Comment