Wednesday, February 8, 2017

The Flu...and strep

Saturday morning Madi kept saying her tummy hurt.  We laid around and took it easy.  Poor girl, then the vomiting started.  She was so sad and kept saying "I'm sorry mommy".  She had no idea what was going on.
Sweet girl.  A couple more episodes and a few more baths later she was finally able to rest. 
Kenzie went to a birthday party for a friend later on.  She was able to catch a ride with Kokomand Dallas and they kept her afterwards to go to another party too.  It was hard to lay down with Madi but still try and keep Kenzie entertained too. 


I was worried what the night would bring and who would come down with it next.  Surprisingly everyone slept all night and woke up feeling 100% better.  The girls played outside and basically had a normal day minus not eating.
Later on she spiked a 102 fever and was lethargic and wanted to sleep.  I laid down with her and we got a 2 hour nap in.  After some Tylenol she was back up ready to dance for the super bowl halftime show.
I went ahead and brought her to the doctor Monday morning and she tested positive for the Flu.  Ugh!  Her strep test was negative at least!  Poor girl had to spend her birthday at the doctor.  We came home and rested for the day.
Apparently Scotty left the gas on the stove from when he cooked the day before.  The girls and I kept smelling something stinky but I honestly thought it was from his food.  We got home late that night and he immediately said "OMG it smells like gas in here" and that's when we noticed it.  It's a wonder we didn't blow up after lighting birthday candles twice that day.  We aired out the house but could still smell it a little in Madi's room so we let her sleep with us.  It was awful.  She tossed and turned and kicked me so many times.  At one point I woke up with her food in my mouth.  We had planned on her going to school Tuesday because she hadn't any fever but she was so tired and cranky there was no way I could send her.  We laid around all morning and I tried to get her to eat but she wouldn't even take a bite of anything she asked me to make.  After we got sister we played outside for a little bit.  She was really cranky and went inside and fell asleep on her floor.
Poor girl.  Bebe came over that night to help me.  I was totally exhausted and hadn't slept in 3 nights and I was stressing out about trying to get her to eat and drink.  She couldn't get her to either but it was still so nice to have her over.  Sometimes you just need your mommy.  Today I had a hair appointment so she stayed with Scotty.  When I got home she was laying down lethargic and wanted me to rub her tummy because it hurt.  Her tummy felt swollen to me and her lips were so dry they were cracking.  I went ahead and took her to the doctor again.  She immediately threw up everywhere when we got there and then started with diarrhea.  I was so glad that didn't happen in my car.  She tested positive for strep this time.  My mommy gut knew she had strep.  We came home with antibiotics and she actually ate a little and drank a whole sippy cup.  I'm hoping she is on the mend and no one else gets it.  Her doctor wants me to bring Kenzie up there tomorrow after school and get her tested for strep just to make sure she doesn't need antibiotics too.  Fingers crossed everyone starts feeling better!

No comments:

Post a Comment