Thursday, March 7, 2013

Fussy + Clingy = sick baby

Lets go back to Monday.....It was my first day to start my new schedule of getting off at 3.  I was so excited all day.  I spent from 2:00 on counting down the minutes until 3, and was out the door at 3:01.  I went to Aunt Kories to pick up Makenzie and went home to change clothes and load up the stroller for a walk.  She actually wore her sunglass--I have been trying for the longest time and she won't leave them on, and she looed adorable.  And then.....crying! Not just a little, but loud screaming, crying, snot running off her face.  She was pissed.  She had a snack, her cup, a toy and my phone playing Mickey Mouse.  I thought she would calm down, so we kept going.  But nope.....she cried the whole hour and 10 minutes that we were out.  I would sneak around and wipe her face off (by the end of the trip her shirt was just a rag of snot).  Towards the end, Aunt Korie went ahead and jogged home, with her sweet SLEEPING son, and I got Makenzie out and let her walk beside the stroller.  She immediately quit crying, held my hand and walked--a pretty good distance. She eventually got tired of walking so I put her back in the stroller and ran the fastest I have ever run to get us home.  It was awful.  I let her play in the sink (it seems like I do this alot, but she likes it--like I can actually do things in the kitchen while she sits and plays in the running water).  I let her play for a little while and then off to bed she went.  I spent the rest of the night hanging up clothes and entering in tags for the sale.


Don't let this sweet face fool you.....this is before the hour long tantrum


happy in the swing when we got home

thought I was kidding about an hour and 10 minutes......

Tuesday was exhausting.  Makenzie ended up moaning all night and finally about 11:45 started crying and calling me over and over.  I went ahead and put Kirbydog in his bed and brought Kenzie to our bed.  She has never, not once, slept in our bed.  I now remember why.  She laid down at first beside me, but then started talking, rubbing my head, talking to dada.  I kept telling her to lay down, and she would but only for a few minutes.  So after an hour and a half I took her back to her bed--that stinker was sucking her thumb, laying down before I even left her room.  A wasted hour and a half--that I could have been sleeping, her too for that matter.  She just does better in her bed.(She won't fool me next time) I had an appointment this morning to get my passport.  It was quick and easy.  Stopped and got my starbucks to help with lack of sleep and off to work I went.  I was out the door at 3:00 on the dot--love my new schedule.  Went home and picked up Makenzie from Aunt Kories house and we went home and played.  I decided to not take a jog today after the fun we had yesterday, plus my legs were super sore.  She was extra clingy and fussy and just wanted me to hold her.  Dinner, bath and bed came early for her.  I spent the rest of the night AGAIN hanging up clothes and entering in tags.  I have a ton done already, but still have to print the tags I have entered and pin those on the outfits.  Going to be a lot of work still.

stacks of clothes that still need to have tags on them

Wednesday, we decided she probably needed to go to the doctor and get checked out.  Scotty brought her in and poor thing has strep throat and RSV.  Bless her heart. No wonder she has been fussy and clingy.  I feel bad for her.  I'm not super surprised by the RSV--all her friends have snotty noses--tis the season.  But the strep throat I was not expecting.  Her little throat was bright red.  Scotty took her home, and stayed with her until I got off at 3, since she can't go to the sitter's until tommorrow.  Poor guy, he already had an appointment to get his passport at 10:45, so he had to take her with him.  He said she was super fussy and cried the whole way home and while they were there.  We are all set now for our trip to Mexico.  Can't wait!!! She was in a pretty good mood when I got home.  I was able to clean up around the house a little.  I had gone in the front room to put something away(I say "put away" lightly, the front room is our catch all, we open the door, throw something in, and close it back), I must have left the light on because a little while later I noticed Kenzie wasn't in the living room.  I looked down the hall and she was in the front room playing.  That room is no where near being "Kenzie-Proof", so I decided I would go in there and clean it up while she was in there.  Turned out to be a good idea--it looks much better and I don't have to worry about her playing in there anymore.  I made fiesta salad for dinner (basically taco meat with pinto beans over white rice and we eat with fritos) I didn't think Makenzie would eat, but she tore it up. She ate her whole plate and when Scotty got back, she ate off his plate too.  We had a really good night--so it made up for the last 2 days we have had. 
playing in the "junk" room

better shot of the madness that is the front room


after I cleaned it

coloring while I cook


she kept coloring on the counter and would laugh when I would get on to her
Scotty had left after I got home.  He had to go to Mesquite to get our taxes back and take them to one of his friends to look at.  The first guy said it looked like we were going to have to owe money, so he wants his friend to look at it first.  Then he went to our storage building to get the rest of my totes out (the ones I was too chicken to go to the back of the unit to get).  So we unloaded the totes and I hung up 2 more totes of clothes.  I still have to enter them in the computer and then add them to the stack to pin tags too.  I think I'm going to go through 1-2 more totes and then call it done.  I will do the rest for the next sale in the fall.  It's alot of work!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment