Sunday, March 10, 2013

Potty Training in progress....

Woo hoo!!!  Potty training is going great.  I'm trying not to get too excited and get my hopes up--but Makenzie is rocking!!!  Today she came up to me and said "poop", clear as could be--never heard her say that before.  I took her hand and we ran to the potty chair and sat her down.  SHE POOPED IN THE POTTY CHAIR!!!!  Before bath time, I sat her down again and she went potty in the potty chair!!  (WARNING: graphic pictures coming up)

poopoo in the potty


peepee in the potty
I'm so proud of her!!  I can't believe we are potty training, but I'm so glad to nearing the end of diapers!!!

Let me back track to Friday.  I got off work and picked up Makenzie and we headed to MiMi's house.  Uncle Jim and Aunt Jess had driven in and we went over to visit.  They brought Makenzie the cutest puppy that vibrated--she loved it, and kept putting it on her nose.
Kenzie and her new puppy
Aunt Jess letting her sneak macaroni

Uncle Jim & Kenzie sorting shapes



Saturday morning, my Uncle Jerry and Aunt Anita came over, along with Mimi and Aunt Jess (Papa and Uncle Jim went to a gun show).  We had breakfast together and then hung out and visited.  Makenzie kept taking Uncle Jerry's hat and wearing it, and played peek-a-boo with Aunt Anita.
Kenzie reading a book to Uncle Jerry

Kenzie in Uncle Jerry's hat

playing peek a boo with Aunt Anita

She's getting really good at stacking....

but loves knocking them down more
Uncle Jerry and Aunt Anita left to go to Fort Worth, and Papa and Uncle Jim got back and came over.  We laid Kenzie down for a nap, and Mimi and Aunt Jess helped me put the tags on all the clothes for the sale.  We ordered pizza and when Kenzie woke up we went to Costco, and ended up saying bye to everyone there (they all headed back to Mimi and Papa's house).  When Scotty got off work we went to Mi Cocina with the McBains. Jessica saved the day with a sucker.  I guess I need to start carrying them in my purse too--LOL. It was so yummy.
laying down with Papa



waiting to eat at MiCocina

Jessica saved the night with a sucker

Sunday morning we slept in until 10:00--really just 9(daylight savings).  Makenzie helped me do laundry--helped as in put on all her daddy's shirts on and transferred the clothes into and out of the hamper a million times.  While she napped, Scotty and I cleaned and rearranged our bedroom.  We decided to take out our chest of drawers to make more room.  It looks good and we definitely have more room---we need a bigger house!!!  When she got up, we went to Firewheel mall to shop for a little bit, and then had dinner at Saltgrass.
"helping"with laundry

we can actually see our windows now

shopping with Mommy and Daddy

at dinner
We had a wonderful weekend.  It was full of family, friends, and fun.  Love my sweet girl and how funny she is.  She is my world and I love all the memories we make together!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment