Sunday, March 17, 2013

Weekend Recap

It's been a long weekend on crutches.  It's alot of work, and it's painful.  My hands have blisters, and my underarms/sides are bruised and sore.  I have been very careful to not put pressure on my heel---trying to get this dang thing to heal fast!!!  I stayed home from work on Friday and laid in bed resting all day.  I did leave to go see an orthopedic dr.  He said it sounds like a bad stress fracture of my heel, but wanted to get an MRI due to the swelling and amount of pain I'm in. Mom and dad came over after they got off work.  Mom stayed with Makenzie and dad took me get an MRI done on my foot and ankle.  I have to go back to see my dr on Tuesday to get rechecked and the results of the MRI.  Saturday, Laura and Bella came to pick up Makenzie and I to go have spring/Easter pictures made.  Makenzie looked absolutely ADORABLE.  She had 2 of the cutest outfits ever.  Tamera had a bunny and 2 chicks there, and Makenzie loved them.  She did awesome for the pictures and I can't wait to see them.  Laura dropped me and Kenz off at Mimi's house afterwards and we stayed there and hung out for the afternoon.  It was such a beautiful day so we went outside on the patio and hung out.  Makenzie kept picking the new flowers that Mimi and Papa had planted that day and bringing them to me.  Mimi found a "knee scooter" for me at a medical supply store, so she took us there and I rented one for the week to see if I liked it.  It looks ridiculous, but is actually very helpful.  I can get around much faster and it's easier on my body.  Makenzie likes to stand on the seat in front and hang onto the handle bars and I wheeled her to bed.

Kenzie and I on the scooter

my new ride



Bringing Mommy flowers

love her so muh

Bringing Mommy a flower

this is her "smelling" face

she walked up to Uncle MoMo and laid her head in his lap

giving MiMi some love

Kenzie and Bella passed out after pictures

relaxing after pictures

This morning, Scotty went to WalMart to grocery shop and came home and speed cleaned the house.  He has been such an amazing help to me.  I don't know what I would do without him.  We took Kenzie outside and let her play for awhile, and Scotty put together her playhouse.  She loves it.  Her favorite thing to do is go in and out the front door over and over.  Jason, Laura and Bella came over to hang out.  Scotty grilled fajitas and the girls played outside for a long time.  I love seeing them play together.  Dinner was amazing and the company was great. 
I'm dreading going to work tomorrow.  Not sure what I'm going to be able to do, and hate to be a burden, or not be able to do much and feel bad!!!  I'm hoping they take it easy on me!!!
before the playdate
after the playdate

Bella and Kenzie playing in the playhouse




I love Kenzie's face in the door window.  She was guarding the door
She has started kissing "boo boo's"

No comments:

Post a Comment