Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Wednesday.....womp,womp,womp

I have had quite the week, and it's only Wednesday.  I'll start with Monday.  When I dropped Makenzie off at the sitter, I left her stroller on her porch, and when I got off work Korie/Dallas and I went on a walk/jog around the neighborhood and picked Makenzie up in her stroller on the way home.  It worked out perfect.  It was a great afternoon!!!
Tuesday, I did the same thing with the stroller, and after work I went on a jog by myself.  I was so proud of myself.  I ended up doing a little more than 3 miles and actually jogged more than I walked.  I got Makenzie on the way home.  As soon as we got home I took her inside to sit her on the potty, and when I sat down beside her my right foot felt like all the bones were breaking in it.  It was awful.  I stretched it a little and stood on it thinking some pressure may make it feel better.  I was able to limp around on it, and it seemed to feel a little better--but still hurt ALOT.  I made taco bake, one of my favorites--I didn't even think to take a picture, but I'll do a recipe post on it later.  I had Makenzie on the counter playing with some felt balls and a muffin tin.  She played the entire time, transporting them back and forth.  LOL whatever keeps her busy!!!  It was bath night for her, but I wasn't feeling up to giving her a bath, and I needed a shower, so I decided to combine the two and she took a shower with me.  I tried giving her a shower before and it was a disaster, but this time I put some of her bath toys in there with us, and she LOVED it.  I straitened my hair and she sat on the floor beside me and brushed her babies hair.  Our plan was to go to the zoo on Wednesday and I figured strait hair would be easier to deal with.  I took some motrin before bed and my foot felt "ok", but at 1:30 I woke up to agonizing pain in my foot.  It was awful.  I tried icing it, elevating it, hanging it off the bed, flexing it, pointing it--EVERYTHING, nothing worked.  I was up all night in pain.  At 8 I called my doctor and was able to get in at 10.
Makenzie slept from 7:00 Tuesday night until 9:00 Wednesday morning--she is a great sleeper and I'm so thankful for that.  I went to the doctor and had x-rays done and the doctor is pretty sure I have a stress fracture on my heel.  I have to wear a big, uncomfortable boot for 4-6 weeks.  When I got back home, Scotty took Makenzie to the sitters so I could lay in bed and rest all day.  I was able to take about an hour nap, but my foot is in constant pain.  It's awful.  I've never felt pain before like this.  I ended up going back to the doctor about 3:30 to get crutches.  I mentioned to him again how bad I was hurting--he still feels its a stress fracture and should hopefully feel a little better everyday.  I'm staying home tomorrow to rest it another full day.  I can't drive with the boot on, and he really doesn't want me to take the boot off (I even have to sleep in it), so I'm not sure how that is going to work out for me going to work.  Angela came over and brought Brynlee and Cayson to play.  Makenzie was pretty possessive over her toys--I hate seeing her like that.  I want her to share and play nice, but I know its a phase that they all go through. 

brushing her babies hair while I do my hair





It was nice to sit back and watch my two favorite people play.  She loves her daddy so much, and he is so sweet with her.  They needed a day of playing together!!  She has started to put her hands out to the side and say "where is it" when she loses something.  It's so cute.  She also pointed to an elephant in her book and said "elephant", or at least really close to it.  Randomly, she named her play ketchup container from her kitchen too.  We hardly ever have ketchup so I'm not sure where she heard it--except that it has been laying out for a few days and I may have said to take the ketchup back to her kitchen....not sure. 

No comments:

Post a Comment