Sunday, September 7, 2014

Family Vacation Part 3

Kenzie's favorite thing to do first thing in the morning is to sit up and say "wake up guys" and continues to until we are awake.  She obviously doesn't understand what vacation means.   We got loaded up and went to breakfast and then headed to the water park.




It was fun.  We went around the lazy river a few times until Madi got tired and fussy.  I took her to the "beach" area and found us some chairs under a tree where she went right to sleep.  Kenzie and Scotty played in the wave pool for awhile and then she came up and played in the sand.  We left after a few hours and headed back to the hotel to swim some more.  It was pretty crowded and Madi wasn't having it so we didn't stay long.  Scotty and Kenzie went down the big slide.  I was surprised she actually went down.
She was so proud of herself for going down.  She kept saying "I did it all by myself".  It was so cute.  We headed upstairs to get showered and changed for dinner.  The girls looked so cute in their matching outfits.

I can't get Makenzie to stand still for a picture these days.  Luckily the little one will still smile for my pictures.  Dinner was amazing, Makenzie however was not.  She had the meltdown of all meltdowns.  There was no reasoning with her and she kept getting louder and louder.  Scotty took her outside while I finished paying.  When I went outside she was screaming and crying still and her daddy was PISSED.  We decided to forgo the pier like we were going to after dinner.  Instead we went back to the hotel and called it a night.  This morning we woke up bright and early to Kenzie's wake up call again.  We cuddled in bed for a little while until it was time to get up and head home.
The ride home was uneventful which was nice.  We left in a really bad storm but it cleared outside of Houston.  We made it home just in time for the Cowboys game.  I have officially lost my husband for the next 17 Sundays.  I got us unpacked and everything put away and then started unpacking moving boxes and trying to arrange things.  We are slowly getting there.  Korie came over while we were gone and painted Madison's room.  I'm so excited to see it all the way done.  We had such a great time on our vacation.

No comments:

Post a Comment