Saturday, September 9, 2017

Art Party

While we were out of town, Makenzie came up with a plan to have an "Art Party" when we got back home and invite all her friends to come over.  While my uncle was drawing pictures for her she was busy making invitations for her friends.  I really thought this was going to blow over and be forgotten but she kept it up and would clean the house everyday when she got home from school and made me a shopping list.



She handed a few out while at a play date so these are the only ones I got a picture of before we delivered them.  Friday was the big day.  I had picked up some supplies and tried to get everything she had mentioned.  I got everyone a picture frame, birdhouse and canvas to paint and then had papers with marker, crayons, map pencils, glitter markers, scissors and glue.  We ordered a bunch of pizza and had snacks and desserts.  The moms all brought wine and we had a really good time.







 Everyone she invited came, except Dallas--he was sick, so that made it even more fun for her.  When they were done painting everyone just played.  There were so many squeals and giggles and they had a great time.  Audrey stayed and spent the night.  Heidi and I walked down to a neighbors house later on and played some games and had some more wine for a bit. The next morning I took the girls to the park and met up with another friend and we introduced all our kids to each other for the first time.  They had a blast and didn't want to come home.



It was such a fun party and I am so glad I was able to help this vision come alive for her.  She came up to me earlier today and gave me a hug and thanked me and said I was the best mommy ever.  That made it all worth it!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment