Saturday, September 9, 2017

"The big turkey"

I had been wanting to take the kids to a drive thru zoo for awhile.  Scotty and I had gone to one near San Antonio before and it was so much fun.  We decided to go on the way back home from my uncle's house.  It was HYSTERICAL!!!

The girls had so much fun feeding all the animals, and getting to be out of the car seats.




Everything was going smoothly until.........


He came prancing up and poked his head right in our window and set the girls (and me) into panic.


 I could not stop laughing.  Mom kept sticking her hand with food in the backseat so he would poke his head in by Kenzie and poor Kenzie kept saying "go papa go papa" trying to get him to drive off.  And then I caught this little gem on camera.....
OMG i have never laughed so hard in my life.  Madison was so funny!
Next up were the zebras who were pretty intense too.  This one kept sticking his face right in Bebe's window and would open his mouth up so wide and wiggle his lips.

We laughed and had so much fun we decided to loop back around and do it again.  This time the "big turkey" as Kenzie called it was on mine and Papa's side.  Dad was feeding him out of his hand but I couldn't do it. I was too busy trying to protect my babies head from being pecked. 





OMG it was so funny. We finally left the zoo and started our long drive home.  A massive hurricane hit and destroyed Houston and surrounding areas previously in the week and the whole state of Texas was panicked about a gas shortage and kept filling up their tanks which made all the stations run out of gas.  We were worried about even going on the trip in fear of not being able to find gas and getting stuck.  We got lucky though and were able to fill up when we needed too, but the gas stations were far and few in between.

No comments:

Post a Comment