Sunday, June 22, 2014

Date night and Sunday funday

Kenzie stayed the night at Bebe and Papa's house Saturday night.  We decided to take that opportunity to go to dinner.  We packed up Madi and headed to On the Border.
Madi did wonderful and dinner was terrific.  It was the first time in months that we have been out to eat since my stomach has been messed up.  Thankfully since my surgery I have not had any problems with my stomach.  We enjoyed our dinner and company.  

Sunday we slept in until 9 freaking o'clock.  I couldn't believe it.  Of course Madi woke up at 6 and I fed her but then we both went right back to sleep.  Kenzie has learned she can get out of her bed and come in our room in the mornings.  It's very unnerving to wake up to a whisper saying "mama, mama, oh-mama" and when I open my eyes she is within inches from my face.  So it was a nice surprise to sleep in today.  We got ready and went to breakfast and then did some grocery shopping. 
See the baby in there.  We haven't had groceries in weeks.  I've been so busy packing that I have not cooked in awhile and most of our kitchen stuff is packed up.  We went home and unloaded the groceries and then headed back out to look at furniture.  We found a living room set that we liked and now just need to find a kitchen table.  
Madison approved of the couches we picked out.  She is such a sweet girl.  Always smiling and always happy.  Next up was Garden Ridge to look for some bar stools.  We found a couple and I'll have to make my mind up on which ones we go with.  Madison sat in the buggy for the first time. 
She has gotten so heavy in her carrier that it is so much easier to just carry her in the stores.  That is until I can't make up my mind on things and the shopping trip takes longer than planned.  She gets a little heavy then.  She loved sitting in the seat by herself.  We headed to Bebe and Papa's house to pick up Makenzie. She had so much fun with them.  We stopped off at the new house on the way home to measure and make sure that the new couches were going fit.  We met the new neighbors that are moving in next door to us. Turns out they are my patients at work.  They have a 2 year old little girl and 5 year old boy.  So glad to know they are nice and have little kids too.  I think the couches are going to fit perfect.  We came home and brought everything from the attic down.  I didn't want to forget all my stuff when we moved.  It made me realize just how much Christmas and Halloween decorations that I have.  We spent the rest of the night doing baths and cleaning up getting ready for the week.  
This next week is a big one for us.  The rest of the house has to be packed up.  My birthday is Thursday and fingers crossed we will close on the new house Thursday too.  Then we get to move all our stuff!!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment