Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Home Sweet Home

We moved!!!  Saturday the movers came and emptied out our storage buildings.  It was a long, hot day.  I got super sunburned helping watching them, but it was money well spent.
It took 2 full U-Haul sized truck trips and 4 trips with my car full.  Someone had the great idea of not labeling the boxes, so they just stacked everything in the garage.  I tried to peek in some as they brought them in and would direct them where to put it.
The girls stayed with Bebe and Papa for the weekend while we got everything moved in.  We picked them up Sunday and let Kenzie sleep in our bed with us to get used to the new house (and I couldn't find the sheets for her bed).  Monday we transitioned her into her bed.  She cried a little and didn't want to stay in there, but she finally went to sleep and slept all night.
And as a bonus Madi slept in her room all night, which meant me and Scotty slept all night with no kids in our bed.  I can't find the screws for Madison's bed, so she is sleeping in her pack n play for the time being.  I'm hoping I stuck them in a box and that's why they aren't with the rest of the baggies of screws that I put in a safe place.

The garage was full from top to bottom, floor to ceiling.  I spent Sunday and Monday going through what I could, but it was so hard with the kiddos.  Madi cried if I left her sight and Kenzie was bored.  Korie came over tonight and we put all the Christmas, Halloween, fall, spring/Easter up in the attic.  Those totes took up half the garage so now it looks much more manageable.  We brought a good chunk of the boxes inside which will be easier for me to go through.  She wins the best friend award tonight for sure.  Kenzie and Dallas played and Madi hung outside with us in her exersaucer.  At one point we heard Kenzie and Dallas laughing and making lots of noise.  When we peeked in the playroom we saw them putting on a show like they were in a band.  Kenzie was playing the "keyboard" on one of Madi's stand up toys and Dallas was jamming out on the drums on another one of her toys.  They were both giggling and dancing!!  They are so cute.

No comments:

Post a Comment