Thursday, August 7, 2014

What we've been up to this week

We haven't done much of anything this week but I feel like we have been so busy.  I cooked dinner on Monday which is a first in a few weeks.  I started running again this week, and have been everyday.  I really enjoy the time to myself and I feel great afterwards.  I'm doing an app called Couch to 5K and actually signed up for my first 5K in September.  I'm really excited to have set this goal for myself.  Being a working mommy of 2 doesn't leave a lot of "me" time so this is great for me.  Wednesday we went out to eat with some friends to celebrate a sweet 16.  I can't believe Cameron, Amy's son, is 16.  I still remember him as a little pip squeak kid.  Madison is still chowing down her food.  Fat girl loves it and can hardly wait for the next bite to get in her mouth.

Makenzie has been saying the funniest things lately.  The other day we were driving in the car and she said something and neither Scotty or I understood her.  I asked her what she said and she said it again, but still no clue.  Scotty asked her very nicely what she said, and she huffed, rolled her eyes and said "nuffin".  I though I was going to die.  Now she says it all the time.  I'm trying to help her understand the proper use of pronouns.  She will say "this is mine and this is you's".  When I try and correct her and say "yours" she gets confused and says "no not mine, you's".  She's a mess.  Tonight I cleaned up our little area at the house.  It is getting very crowded back there.  The countdown to moving out is in full effect and can't come soon enough!!  I wasn't able to run tonight because by the time Scotty got home it was dark outside.  I'll try and make it up in the morning!!

No comments:

Post a Comment