Thursday, April 28, 2016

Arm update

Sunday night was rough for Kenzie!  She kept waking up moaning and crying!  I went to the gym and then came home to check on the Kenzie!  We stayed home the rest of the day and played!  Madi decided her leg was hurt and she needed an ace bandage too!  

Kenzie kept getting frustrated because I wouldn't let her do anything!  She would play like normal but would flinch if she used her arm wrong!  I tried to keep her calm and watching movies instead of running all over the place!
She was not amused with my make shift ice pack!  I talked to the nurse at her doctors office and explained what happened and how she still wasn't using her arm.  They wanted to see her first thing the next morning!  Tuesday morning we got up and headed to her appointment!  The doctor felt around her arm and moved it and she always had the same pain with the same movement! She would say her wrist hurt but the area of movement or touch was up by the elbow!  She sent us for more X-rays at the hospital!
I took the girls for lunch and ice cream while we waited for the results!



We got home and the doctor called to say her X-rays were all normal!  She explained besides it being just a "sore" arm, the only other thing it could be is a dislocated elbow, or nursemaid elbow.  She told me I could try to reduce it myself and to watch a you tube video!  I told her no way and made an appointment for the next day!  I did watch some videos and I had seen them reset elbows lots of times when I worked at the pediatrician office! Later while Kenzie was playing and was distracted I rotated her arm slowly and then flexed it and like magic she could move her arm!  I couldn't believe it!  She says I'm magic now!!  You wouldn't even know her arm was hurt now!  Praise the lord!!



No comments:

Post a Comment