Sunday, June 5, 2016

What we've been up to

I don't even have an excuse for not blogging for a week and a half!  We have been busy but at the same time we haven't!  It's been raining almost every day and put a damper on most of our plans!  I'll recap the last week!  The girls finished swimming lessons!  Kenzie did amazing and was swimming across the pool by herself and even swimming part of the way and flipping over on her back to rest and then flipping back over to swim some more!  She did amazing and I'm so proud of her!

Madison did so much better than I thought she would do!  The first couple days of her going underwater were pretty tough but she eventually came around and tolerated it!  She makes the funniest face underwater and coming up and sticks her tongue out so far!  She made it the last two days without one single tear and I'm so proud of her!


Saturday night the girls stayed with Bebe and Papa and we got to have a date night!  I did a little shopping until Scotty got off and then we had dinner and drinks and slept until 11 the next morning---ahhhmazing!!  
Monday my nephew had his 5th birthday party!  It was a small family party and we had a great time!  Their favorite part was the piñata.


The rest of the week has been meeting friends at the pool in between all the rain.



Tuesday night I met some friends for pedicures and dinner for Whitney's birthday!  We had a great time and laughed all night!

I blew a pool up for the backyard so the girls could splash around!  I almost passed out a few times not realizing just how big it was before I started!  (I didn't finish but the girls thought it was fine)

Wednesday Madi woke up with a fever and we stayed home from swim lessons and Scotty took Makenzie!  She did start feeling better but we rested at home all day!  Kenzie filled up her reward jar and picked to go to Shennanigans.  Scotty took her and they had so much fun!  Go carts, fried Oreos and playing games....how could they not have fun!

And that's about it!!  We went to the lake yesterday with some friends but I want to do a seperate post on that!  Tomorrow is Monday and we are back to our regular schedule.  I'll go back to the gym for the first time in 2 weeks--that should be fun!  I also got a bunch of pre-k/kindergarten workbooks and I'm going to start working with Kenzie on some stuff.  Hopefully I will be better at blogging too.

No comments:

Post a Comment