Sunday, November 6, 2016

Cheer competition

Saturday morning was Kenzie's cheerleading competition.  I rolled her hair in sponge rollers before bed the night before and set my alarm for 4:45 to wake up.  When my alarm went off at 5:47 the next morning and after I hit snooze 2 times, I woke up in a complete panic and started barking orders to get up and get ready.  I guess I set the alarm for the wrong time or my phone thought I was crazy for selecting 4:45 and thought I must have meant 5:45.  Either way, Kenzie had to be there by 6:15 and we pulled in on 2 wheels at 6:18.  I think we did pretty good considering.  Mom and I made our way to the stands and waited until competition started at 8:00 am with the other cheer moms. 
It was chilly and raining.  Luckily it stopped before the girls went on to compete.  Kenzie did so good and I am so proud of her.  The whole team looked amazing and did their very best.  






They got 1st place.  YAY!!  All their hard work paid off.  The girls were so excited and the parents were ecstatic too.
I loved our group of team moms this year.  We are all kind of relieved that the season is over and our normal lives can resume.  Cheerleading takes up so much time and energy and we are all ready for a break.  A bunch of us went and had lunch afterwards and then had to be back at the stadium to cheer on the football boys in their super bowl.  A helicopter landed on the field to drop off the game ball.  It was so cool.
Madison fell asleep almost as soon as we sat down and stayed asleep the whole time we were there and didn't wake up until after the game when I put her in the car.
The boys won their game.  Bulldogs got first place in every category today.  It was such a long day, but so worth it.  Kenzie is so proud of her trophy and flowers and had such a good time.


No comments:

Post a Comment