Wednesday, October 1, 2014

A little catch up

Sunday morning the girls gave us the gift of sleep.  Madison didn't wake up until 8:30 and Makenzie slept in until almost 9:30.  It was amazing.  We laid in bed for a little while snuggling.  Kenzie loves hugging on her sister and it's Madison's favorite thing to do as well.   (Anything involving her big sister is her favorite)


We went to The Fatted Calf for breakfast.  It was so good.  Afterwards we did a little shopping at my favorite store right now.....Kirklands.  I got a huge pumpkin that I have had my eye on for a few weeks.  My plan is to get my Halloween stuff down this weekend and decorate the house a little.  We went back home and did some things around the house and played in the backyard for awhile.

As sad as it is, this was the first time we had been in the backyard since moving in.  I picked Korie up and we headed to our volunteer shift for the JBF sale.  We had to sort all the racks of leftover clothes and put them in alphabetical order.  Our shift was from 7p-12a......I was so tired when I got home and my back was aching.  By volunteering and consigning we are able to shop early and get more off what we sell so it is worth it.
Love these girls.   We laugh so much when we are together!!!  Monday we came home and played in the playroom for awhile.  When I put Madi up on all 4's she will rock herself back and forth but hasn't gotten the crawl concept yet.
I guess it' a good thing she isn't mobile yet because the house is not ready for a crawling baby.  Madi and Kenzie played together for a long time.  It's so fun to watch them interact together.


Makenzie always wants to put Madi in her baby doll toys.  She has outgrown her little stroller but she fits perfectly in her baby's pack n play.  Good thing Madi is so easy going and will do anything her sister makes me do to her. Korie and Dallas came over and we painted Kenzie's room.  We did everything the same pink that it was in the old house.  The kids played together and we were able to get it all done.  They came back last night and we painted one wall grey with glitter.  It was mostly Korie that did the painting.  I cooked us dinner and had to do baths for both girls.  After I got Madi to bed, I marked off the wall that we were painting the chevron on and we taped it off and Korie painted that grey glitter part.  We will do the pink part tonight.


It already looks so cute in there.  I can't wait to see it finished and get all her stuff back in there!!!  Before bed we asked Kenzie to straiten up her playroom since they had made a mess.  She went in there for a few minutes and then came out and told us her "tummy hurt because she was cleaning too much".....seriously?? (I actually believe her though because my tummy hurts when I clean too)

No comments:

Post a Comment