Saturday, October 18, 2014

Busy first half of the weekend

Bebe came over Friday night to spend the night so we could go to some garage sales Saturday morning.  While we were playing with the girls in the playroom, we got to witness Madi's first crawl.  This makes her officially a big girl.  Why can't she just stay my baby forever.

She is so cute.  She was so proud of herself when she finished her crawl.
She would turn around with the biggest smile on her face.  I just love her to pieces.  Kenzie was so excited for her too which prompted a wrestling match....poor Madi

None of us got much sleep that night.  Mom forgot the blow up mattress she normally brings, so we had to have Kenzie sleep with me and mom and Scotty slept in her bed.  Kenzie tossed and turned and Madi was up all night coughing.  I went in to feed her about 2am and the minute I laid her back in bed she coughed so hard she threw up everything I just fed her.  That led to an hour of changing her, changing her bed and getting her re-settled.  The morning came way to quick.  Us girls headed out to do some garage sale'ing this morning.  We got the best deals ever.  I ended up with a 7.5 foot Christmas tree, a huge scary witch, a picnic table for the girls, a chandalier and some crafting table/storage things.  I got a lot of little random things too but those were the big ticket items.  We had a great time.

When you have to tie down the back hatch to keep it closed, that means you had a succesfull garage sale trip.  We fed the girls and then headed back out to take my mom to the car dealership to pick up the truck she got to surprise my dad with.  We followed her home and lured him out front with me and the girls and then I told him we had to open the gate for mom in the back.  When he opened it and she drove in with the new truck I thought I was going to cry.  He was so excited and he deserves it.  He hasn't had a nice new truck....ever.  
The girls and I headed home and changed clothes to head to our local towns "Fun Fest".  I had seen some friends posting pictures of pony rides, which of course I had to show Kenzie. We were on a mission to find those dang ponies.  She would not let us leave until we found them.


She was so excited.  She walked around all of them until she found the perfect pony for her to ride.  She kept telling the girl that was walking beside her, "I got it, I got this".  I guess she didn't want her walking so close.  We got a snow cone and found a place to sit and eat them.  Madi ate most of mine. 

On the way to the car we stopped at a little pumpkin patch.  I tried so hard to get a picture of them together, maybe both smiling......did not happen.



Oh well!  We came home and had bath time and played for a little while and then it was off to bed.  We are all exhausted!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment