Tuesday, February 17, 2015

A little catch up

The last few days have been an emotional roller coaster!!!  I'll start with Saturday, Valentine's Day.  It was so hot outside so we put our shorts on and walked to the park with Sarah, Kylie and Cody.  It was so crowded since it was such a nice day so we didn't stay long.
Bebe and Papa came by and brought us some goodies.  Papa did his normal and laid down and went to sleep and Kenzie snuggled up next to him.
She loves her Papa.  Scotty came home and brought us dinner and some wine and we called it a night.  Such an old couple now!!!  Sunday Kenzie and I picked up Bebe and we went shopping.  It was like the old days.  The 3 muskateers!!  Kenzie was good (Bebe was good) and we had a great time!
We took Bebe home and came home and Scotty and I tried a new recipe and cooked dinner together.  It was fun.  We don't get to do that often.  He went and got us some ice cream for a treat.  Madi has officially discovered the greatness of ice cream.
Korie picked me up and we went shopping for Dallas' birthday.  I love late night shopping!!  Unfortunately I got the call around 10 that sweet baby Nicholas had passed away.  Devestated  I know his body was tired of fighting and in pain and he had endured so much in his short life but it's just so unfair.  My heart just breaks for Laura and her entire family.   I cried all night off and on and ended up getting Madi out of her bed so I could snuggle her.  Monday was Dallas' 4th birthday.  I can't believe he is 4.  I love him so much and love the bond that him and Kenzie have.  We met them for lunch with Shannon, Presley and Brady too.  A birthday wouldn't be a birthday without ice cream so we stopped for a treat on the way home.

We came home and snuggled in my bed watching cartoons together for the rest of the afternoon!
Today Bella came over while Laura and Jason made final arrangements for Nicholas. 
Sweet girls!  Sarah and Kylie came over to play too. All the littles crashed and burned at the same time. Bella went home with her parents and the rest of us laid down for naps.
I think Madi is teething and not feeling 100%.  I can't remember the last time she fell asleep on me.  She's been running a low grade fever and chewing on her fingers like crazy.   I embraced it and snuggled her and took a nap with too.  My amazing neighbor next door brought us over dinner since she knew Scotty was late tonight.  So sweet.  She came back over with Kylie later and we made margaritas while the girls played in the bathtub.  Good parenting at its finest!!!
(Couldn't find a measuring cup for ounces so had to revert to the baby bottle.....don't worry I lost the nipple to it so it's an extra)

It was a good day!!!  



No comments:

Post a Comment