Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Doctor visit, playing and walking

This morning Madi and I headed out to her 1 year check up.  She looked super cute and was so happy.  I knew it wouldn't last long though.

She officially weighed in at 17 pounds 6.5 ounces.  (I have my hand on the scale in this picture so she wouldn't fall off)  Her doctor is concerned about her weight.  She is in the 4th percentile for her weight.  She is 28 inches long (15-20%) and her head is 17.5 inches (25-30%).  We were given the ok to try some whole milk.  I'm praying that she does ok with that and then we will have way more food options for her to have.  Poor girl got 4 shots and a finger prick.  Needless to say she was not happy.  She fell asleep in the car and then seemed fine when we got home.  Scotty headed to work to finish up on some things.  Sarah and Kylie came over to play.  Those girls have so much fun together and it's so fun to watch them play together.
The girls made Valentine's Day cards and played outside for awhile.  They headed home and I started dinner and a lady came by and bought most of my carnival decorations.  I am so thankful for that.  I didn't know what I was going to do with all that stuff!!!  Scotty headed back out to get us new phones and to my happiness and horror MADISON TOOK HER FIRST STEPS AND I HAD NO FREAKING CAMERA TO VIDEO IT WITH.  I remembered my video camera and after dusting it off and praying it was charged I was able to get a few shots of her taking 3 steps.
I can't believe it.  These weren't even the best ones she took because she was so excited her daddy was home!!!  Any day now she is going to take off.  New adventures heading our way.

 I caught Madison putting a bottle in her babies mouth.  I thought it was a fluke when I walked by but she kept doing it over and over.  That's pretty smart if you ask me.

 I noticed Madi crawling around on her hands and feet.  Then she started standing up on her own from this position.  I decided to sit down and try and get her to walk.....and she did it!
 This crazy girl and her booty shaking dancing!!!  She is something else!


Love my little doctor trying to walk.  Her big sister was so excited for her and kept saying "good job Madi, woo did it".  Wonderful ending to our night!!

No comments:

Post a Comment