Thursday, February 5, 2015

Happy Birthday Eve

Madi had her 1 year cake smash pictures this morning.  She woke up extra early and I was nervous if she stayed up she would be cranky so I gave her a bottle and she rolled over and went back to sleep until 10:15.  She and I loaded up and went down to Angela's house for pictures.  My friend Melissa made her cake.  I'm so happy to have such talented friends.  Madi was in rare form.  She cried and growled and threw tantrums.  She would turn away from me and put her head down and cry and if I tried to touch her she would swat at me and crawl away.  Somehow Angela pulled it off and got some really cute ones.  She sent me 2 to tease me.

I can't wait to see the rest.  And I can't believe she will be one tomorrow.  I remember this night a year ago.  I was terrified of having a c-section, scared of changing our little family of 3, petrified I would go into labor on my own before my c-section.  I don't think I slept a wink that night.  This year has flown by so fast and I am so amazed everyday by this sweet baby!!!

Kenzie had gone to play with Kylie while we were at pictures so Madi and I went over when we were finished.  When I walked up to the door I could hear them giggling and playing.  So sweet.
We visited for a little while and then daddy came home with lunch so we took the long hike back home and spent some time with him.  He said I should go get a pedicure so I got up and dressed before he could change his mind.  Kenzie came with me and we had such a good time.

We had to rush to get ready for dance and barely skid into the parking lot on time.  Her studio moved and it's so close to the house now, thank goodness, and is so much nicer!!  Scotty had cooked dinner when we got home and then we all wrestled on the bed.  Madi is a daredevil like her sister and was having me back flip her all over the bed with Kenzie.  When the girls went to bed I headed back our and ran a few errands and finished all the birthday party shopping.  It was a busy day!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment