Thursday, May 5, 2016

Crafts, Gymnastics, and the zoo

Well here it is Thursday and I am just now blogging for the week!  I keep saying I need to be better at blogging more regularly and then somehow I can't find the time to sit down and do it!  I normally blog when I get to the gym early and can sit down before my class starts.....which is where I am now!!  I'll go back to Monday!  There was a sub at the gym and she whooped our butts in class!  I should have worn my polar monitor because I know I burned some major calories in that class!  Scotty had to be at work early so I can home and ran 2 miles on the treadmill.   The girls and I did some crafting before lunch! 
We made it without making a huge mess!! While Madi napped Kenzie made cards for her teachers at school!  She wrote out the whole thing and drew them pictures!  It was really cute and she did a great job!!

Kenzie had gymnastics later that night!  She did really good!  I found out she will be in the same class she is in now until she turns 6.  The only other option is to join the junior team, which she has been asked to do, but that is 2 classes a week and more tuition.  Cheerleading is coming up and she wants to do soccer so I just don't see how we can fit that in so we may take a break from gymnastics for a bit and maybe start back up in the spring!  I made a cabbage soup for dinner and it was so good!!  I've got stuff laid out to cook all week so hopefully I can get my diet in check!  Tuesday I took Kenzie to school and picked up her graduation pics!  

<tear> but how freaking adorable is she! I still can't grasp how she will be starting kindergarten this fall!  Madison and I went to gymnastics after dropping her off!  She really likes it but can be a little stinker and want to do her own thing.

She HATES the swing.  Every time she says she is going to be brave and do it and every time she cries and freaks out!  Drives me crazy!  She is so cautious, and a wimp.  While the other kids are jumping and sliding into the pit, we are sitting on the side building towers with the blocks!!! Oh well....I just need to accept she is going to be my more reserved one!!  I came home and put her down for her nap and got on the treadmill for an hour and ended up with about 4.5 miles.
I'm no track star by any means but I was so happy to get a workout in and burn 650 calories!  We picked Kenzie up from school and came home to play!  Scotty was early and we had dinner as a family and then he took Kenzie to go get ice cream for us!!  Yesterday I went to the gym and when I got home I decided that we were going out to do something as a family!  We all got ready and headed to the zoo!  We went to the Ft.Worth zoo this time and really liked it!  


The gorilla exhibit was our favorite!  We walked by and he was just sitting there in the window!  I have never seen one so close up and was amazed at just how human-like his hands and feet were.





Kenzie and I rode the merry go round but Madison didn't want to ride with us!  

The kids played in a little fountain to cool off and we got a snow one as we made our way back to the exit!

We stopped off at the elephant exhibit before we left and there was a mommy, daddy and baby elephant taking a bath together!  It was the cutest thing ever!  They were splashing and rolling all over each other.

Both girls fell asleep on the way home and woke up grouchy just in time to stop for dinner!  We tried out a new place in our town and it was really good!  Madi's mood changed and she was so goofy and funny and was cracking us up!  She was busting some moves and dancing in between every bite she took!
It was a really fun day for all of us and I'm so glad we got to spend the day together!

No comments:

Post a Comment