Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Broken

Talk about exhausted!  I'm pretty sure I have never been this tired in my life!  Kenzie was up all night Monday night!  She couldn't get comfortable with her arm in the splint and she just can't figure out how to suck the left thumb!!  I ended up bringing her back to bed with me!  This would be the one night that Madison wouldn't go back to sleep after her feeding, so most of the night I had both girls snuggled up next to me!  Kenzie would need help rolling over or scooting back up on the pillow!  We were basically up since 2'ish! I took Madi to the sitters and Kenzie and I headed off to the doctor! 
We still couldn't figure out exactly what was hurting due to her being 2 and not able to give us a good indication as to what hurt!  They were able to get us in with ortho at Children's hospital at 1, which is a major perk of working for the pediatrician!  It is next to impossible to get same day appointments there!  Kenzie and I went to Target to pass the time in between and she was spoiled with popcorn, a slushy, a new froggy and a Mickey movie!  We got to our appointment and the fun began!  They had to unwrap her and examine her which she hated!  The doctor wanted to re-X-Ray her elbow!  This was the worst part!  She screamed bloody murder twisting her arm around!
Nothing a few Frozen stickers couldn't fix!  The conclusion was that the she has a fracture of her radial head by her elbow!  She got to pick out a cast color and chose orange! I was really pulling for the pink but she won!
She did really good and sat still while he put it on! She never complained of it hurting after the cast was on!  I guess the pressure on it and keeping immobile helps!  She did fall twice and my heart skipped a beat each time!
This sweet girl had a good day with Mrs. Ashley!  Bebe came over and helped me with the girls!  We wrapped her arm in a trash bag and gave her a sponge bath!  That's not going to be fun for the next three weeks!  She loves her bath!  

Our night was restless!  She went to sleep pretty easy but was up at 1 and wanted to come back to my bed!  I kept her in her bed and tried to go back to sleep.  Madi was up at 3 and Kenzie was still awake when I turned the monitor on! I laid with her for a little while and was able to get an hour of sleep before it was time to start the day!!  I feel like a zombie!

No comments:

Post a Comment