Sunday, April 21, 2013

A day at the Zoo

We had a perfect weekend!!  It started off by getting my hair done by Laura.  She came over with Bella and took care of my nasty roots.  It had been way too long since the last time!!!  Mimi came over and picked up Makenzie and took her home with her to spend the night.  Scotty and I had our anniversary dinner planned for that night.  Scotty came and picked me up and we headed to Al Biernat's.  It was delicious.  We sat on the patio and had perfect seats to people watch.  So many fancy cars and fancy people!!  They brought us out the most amazing chocolate cake I have ever had and they wrote Happy Anniversary in chocolate around the plate.  It was a perfect night.

Today we woke up bright and early and went to pick up Makenzie and headed to the zoo.  The weather was perfect and we had a blast.  She told every animal we saw "hi" and waved.  She fed a giraffe and loved it.  She kept saying "more, more" for more lettuce to keep feeding him.  She fed goats out of her hand.  She loved it.  We stayed for about 4 hours and headed to MiCocina for lunch.  Kenzie had just fallen asleep in the car so I was worried she wouldn't be in a good mood, but she was wonderful.  She kept standing up and giving us hugs and kisses and ate pretty well.  On the way home we drove through our neighborhood and looked at houses.  We found some good ones--just need our house to sell so we can really look.  I laid Kenzie down for a nap when we got home, and I laid down for a nap too.  That girl didn't sleep a wink.  I heard her singing over the monitor and saying "hi mama hi" and "hi dada hi".  That's one of her favorite things to say and I love it.  I got her up and we played the rest of the day.  It was a perfect day!!


looking at the flamingos

she loved the penguins swimming

the elephants were her favorite


kissing the kangaroos








feeding the giraffe

love these two

loving on daddy at lunch



No comments:

Post a Comment