Thursday, April 18, 2013

Thursday Tidbits

I wanted to recap the week so far.  Monday, I picked up Makenzie and we headed to Mesquite to pick up some paint (the paint to touch up the house) that my dad had picked up for me.  Makenzie cried screamed the entire way, from the time I strapped her in at the babysitters to the time we pulled in my dad's work.  That is so nerve racking to drive in traffic with screaming and crying in the back seat.  Nothing appeases her.  I try singing, turning on the radio, snacks, her blanket, animal sounds, giving her my phone (which she promptly threw down under the passenger seat where I couldn't reach it).  I don't mind if she cries, but the angry screaming, face red, body shaking, holding breath screaming--is unacceptable.  After we got the paint we went by my moms work to visit since we were right there.  Of course she was perfect there and hammed it up for everyone.  Mimi gave her a princess crown to wear and she thought she was something with it on.  We didn't stay long so we could get back before traffic started.  Again, she screamed the whole way home.  She wore her princess crown and screamed the whole way home!!!
I don't know how to fix the crying in the car.  Nothing is wrong with her.  She's changed, fed, and should be happy.  I always say that I'm not going to give in and pay it any attention.  But then it gets to a point that it makes me so mad she's acting that way.  Again, if it was just a frustrated crying that she was doing it would be one thing.  But the blood curling screaming and growling to where she turns red in the face and her hands and face shake because she is clenching so hard and holding her breath is ridiculous.  I think though by giving in and giving her a response she keeps going.  The next car ride we take I'm not going to give her any attention.  I'll give her her cup, a snack, and something to hold and if she chooses to throw it down and act mean--that's on her. Maybe if she realizes we aren't going to give in to her she will stop!!  Wish us luck!!

Tuesday, I had an ortho follow up appt.  He said I could take my boot off and walk!!  Praise the lord. 

I picked up Makenzie and we played in the front yard.  I had to wait on someone to come by that was buying a pair of my shoes, and the realtor was coming by to put a key lock box on the front door.  I pushed Kenzie in her car up and down the street.  Poor kid has been missing out since I've been unable to walk well, and made up for it.  She played hard and her little face was so red.  She was running up and down the side walk chasing her ball and fell down and scraped her little knees.  She kept pointing at it saying "boo boo" in the saddest little voice.  Her first boo boo.




All night she would be playing and catch sight of her knee and then point to it and say "boo boo".  So funny!!  We came inside and had her favorite dinner--corn dog and grapes.  She won't say Mimi yet but she's got "cone-dog" down pat.  LOL (sorry Mimi)

Is it safe that she's eating next to our knife block??  LOL  I was right there and she didn't touch it once!! (Mother of the year)
 I still need to post the pictures from feeding the ducks and a few that I took of her and uncle Momo from Sunday.  I'll do that tomorrow!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment