Thursday, April 18, 2013

Anniversary Night

I picked Scotty up from work and we went to my mom's to drop Makenzie off while we "went to dinner".  I asked him to go to my car and get my clothes so I could change (I was in jeans and a Mav's shirt), and he found his shoes, shorts and a new Mav's shirt that I bought him.  He looked very confused and when he turned to look at me, I yelled "Go Mav's" and pointed to my shirt and he realized what we were doing!!!  He was excited.  It was fun to do something new, other than just going to dinner.  We had so much fun.  We got there early and walked around, got a few drinks and had a snack.  Our seats turned out to be really good.  We sat in the Platinum seating and had seat service that brought us drinks and food all night.  It was great.  We ended up talking and laughing more than actually watching the game.  We left in the third quarter to go to a good friends gender reveal.  Juan, who Scotty has grown up with since 2nd grade, and his girlfriend are having a baby.......GIRL!!  So excited for him!!!  The party was at Dave and Busters and was fun.  We played a few games and hung out, but left early to go pick up Makenzie and get home.  We're too old for Wednesday night late dates.  LOL   Makenzie was sleeping when we got there, so I just picked her up and put her in the car and we didn't talk the whole way home.  We were hoping she would stay quiet and sleepy so she would go back to sleep easy when we got home.  She sucked her thumb the whole way home with her blanket.  She was awake but quiet, and when we got home I changed her diaper and put her in her crib and she was back asleep before I left her room!!  Sweet girl.
We still have dinner reservations for Saturday night.  I'm very excited.  I love a night out where we get to dress up and have amazing food!!!


*When we got home last night, we learned that there had been an awful explosion in West, TX.  It's a small town between Waco and Fort Worth.  A fire started at a fertilizer plant and while trying to put it out, it exploded.  Almost wiped out the whole town.  They said the force from the explosion was that of a 2.2 earthquake.  Lots of lives were lost, and many are missing and not accounted for.   My prayers go out to everyone out there.  It's been an awful week for the US.  Monday, at the Boston Marathon, there were lots of bombs that were set to go off at the finish line.  They killed and injured lots of people.  I did hear today on the news that they got a good picture of who they think it was, so hopefully they will arrest him soon.  It was nice to see innocent by standers running to help the injured.  With all the bad in the world, its comforting to know there are more good people than bad. 

No comments:

Post a Comment