Sunday, April 14, 2013

Productive Weekend

We had a very busy, but productive weekend.  It seems like we were on the go the entire time.  Friday, Mimi and Papa came over.  Papa installed a ceiling fan in the front room and we all had dinner and visited.  Mimi stayed the night and we made a late night run to Walmart to try and get some baskets for the top of my closet.  (Our realtor politely told me that my clutter stuff needed to be hidden in baskets so it wasn't just stacked on the shelf)


Saturday we woke up early and went garage sale'ing.  I didn't get much but Mimi got some good stuff.  Kenzie did pretty good, but got restless so we called it quits.  We had passed a hill that was covered in blue bonnets and decided to stop by on the way home and snap some pictures.  She was so cute.  She started dancing in the middle of the blue bonnets--she's such a ham!!  We got home and had lunch and put the little one down for a nap.  Mimi cleaned up the front room and put up the curtain tie backs and packed up Makenzie's play kitchen, while I took a shower and cleaned it while I was in there.  An hour later the shower is sparkling clean, and I was completely pruned up.  Afterwards, I got out my can of touch up paint and realized the can had dried up.  Its a specific brand of paint, that of course is super hard to find and I didn't have any paint to take to Lowe's to have them match! I was so frustrated.  We loaded up and headed out to another blue bonnet field and met up with Jerica so she could take some pictures of Kenz.  (I used to babysit Jerica when she was little, like 2 or 3, and her sister Kaitlyn.  I have known them forever.  She is in college now--I'm so old, and has started her own photography buisness called Shutter Sound Photography and asked if she could use Kenzie as a model.......which of course I was ecstatic to do) Kenzie started off in a great mood, danced again in the middle of the flowers.  I posed in a few with her and I'm hoping we got a cute one of that.  Eventually, Makenzie's other personality came out, and it went down hill fast.  She decided she was starving and acted like she hadn't eaten in days and I couldn't keep the goldfish away from her.  Then she had a full on temper tantrum in the middle of the bluebonnets and growled and cried and grabbed fists full of bluebonnets and started throwing them over her head over and over again.  I was so embarrassed.  It felt like everyone was looking at us, I'm sure Jerica is never going to want to shoot Makenzie again, and I'm sure we racked up hundreds of dollars in tickets for pulling our state flower, which is illlegal.  We packed up and hit the road.  She has posted a few pictures and they are really cute!  We grabbed some dinner and headed to Mimi and Papa's house.  Makenzie spent the night there so that we could wake up early and finish cleaning the house.  My dad was able to scrape some paint out of the can and paint it on a piece of wood for me to try and match.  I stopped off at Lowes on the way home and had them "match" me some paint.  I touched up a few places in the front room and waited patiently for it to dry.  Of course it was a shade darker than my original paint.  The smart thing would have been to test a small place in a corner and see if it matched, but I preferred to do all the touch ups in that room. FAIL  Jessica came over and we met the boys down at the Harbor for dinner and drinks.  It was such a pretty night and we sat on the patio.  After dinner we went down to a bar down the street and hung out there for awhile.  I had been cheating on wearing my boot on my foot since Friday.  After work I took it off and I didn't wear it all day on Saturday.  It felt fine, so I wore a new pair of shoes, a pair of flats, strappy, kind of like flip flops.  By the end of dinner my foot felt tingly and tight. When we got home it was so swollen.  I put an ice pack on it and it started to feel better.  I ended up falling asleep and woke up a few hours later in a pool of ice water--it had leaked out the side of the bag.  That was fun!




Today, Scotty and I woke up at 8:30 and started cleaning immediately.  We didn't stop until 12:30.  I have never seen our house look so good.  We cleaned everything.  From the ceiling to the floors, front yard to the back yard.  It needed a good cleaning, and I needed to purge on all my stuff I hoard.  The garage and the master closet is all that's left to do.  I'll work on the closet this week after work, and the garage needs to be separated into garage sale piles and storage piles.  Our realtor and his photographer came by and took pictures and we signed a ton of paperwork.  It should officially go on the market tomorrow and they are coming by with a sign to put in the front yard.  I'm excited, nervous, scared and relieved all at the same time.  We went and got Makenzie and took her to a little pond to feed the ducks.  She LOVED it.  She squealed and laughed and chased after all the ducks and birds.  It was so fun to watch her.  She loves animals.  We decided we are going to take her to the zoo next Sunday--she is going to love that.  We stopped off at the playground by our house to let her run off some more energy.  She has finally mastered climbing and was all over the place.  It was not fun trying to get her to leave.  Scotty made a delicious breakfast dinner and we lounged around afterwards playing.  It was nice having a clean house and not having to worry about picking up. 
























Wish us luck and that this experience is painless and quick!!!  I'll post pictures from the pond and park tomorrow!!!  Time for bed!

No comments:

Post a Comment