Sunday, April 7, 2013

Another wonderful weekend

We had another wonderful weekend here in the Smith house.  It started by me getting a much overdue haircut after work.  I got Makenzie and we headed to Korie's house to celebrate Destiny's 14th birthday.  I can't believe she is 14 already.  The babies played outside and we all visited for a little while.  Scotty played hookie at work to watch the home opener Ranger game and met us over there when it was over.  We decided to have a date night since he was actually home at a decent time.  We loaded up and went to MiCocina, our favorite.  She did really good.  (Jennifer sent me a text earlier in the day and said Makenzie wouldn't take a nap, so I was worried she would have a break down at dinner) We have learned our lesson and only sit in booths now when we go out.  She does not like sitting in a high chair at all anymore.  I keep her on my side of the booth and get a booster seat and sit it sideways (not facing the table).  She will stand up, run back and forth, sit down in the seat--whatever keeps her happy.  After dinner we decided to take a drive through a neighborhood that I've been wanting to show Scotty.  Kenzie was content in the backseat playing on my phone.  We rolled the windows down and cruised through the neighborhood--I fell in love, I think we both did.  The houses are gorgeous--and way out of our league.  We looked them up when we got home.  It was nice to dream about it though. 
She always closes her eyes when she slides



Saturday, Laura and Bella came over and we went shopping.  I was so excited to get out of the house.  I had only planned on going to a few places but we ended up going to Firewheel for the afternoon.  The girls did good--neither one of them had a nap.  I got some really cute things for our trip.  We came home and Jessica and Riliegh came over to hang out and play.  Those girls had every single toy in the whole house on the living room floor--lol. Laura had something else to do that night, but Jessica and I, and the girls, met the husbands at Johnny Carinos for dinner.  We always have so much fun with them and laugh so much.  At one point I heard Makenzie coughing choking and when I looked over, she had bitten the end of a yellow crayon and was choking on the crayon.  I had to dig in her mouth and get all the pieces out.  That girl I swear. 







Sunday we spent all day cleaning, rearranging, and purging the house.  Scotty woke both me and Makenzie up at 9:30--WTH--the one day we both sleep in late and he wakes us up! Dang it.  When she laid down for her nap we attacked the front room.  We ended up with 4 trash bags of garage sale stuff and 2 bags to go to storage.  My project for the next few days is to organize all my scrapbook stuff and I want to move the bed to the other wall. Once I finish that room I'll move on to the front bathroom, then laundry room and so on until we do all the rooms.  We have set a deadline for ourselves to have the house ready for pictures in 2 weeks.  We have a lot to do.  Everything needs to not look cluttered so it appears bigger.  Stressing me out just thinking about it.  Even if our house doesn't sell, it needs a good cleaning anyways.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for coming to Destiny's birthday party. I know she really enjoys having you guys around! I still can't believe she is 14 either!! Crazy!! Seems like the rest of your weekend was wonderful! Love y'all :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jennifer!! The bluebonnets are off of George Bush (190) and Miller Rd in Rowlett. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete