Friday, July 11, 2014

Swimming with friends

Leslie and her daughters came over to swim today.  Her girls are so cute.  They are twins but I don't think look anything alike.  They were so sweet and played with Makenzie.  They didn't treat her like she was younger than them and Makenzie had a blast.  Leslie and I laughed as usual watching them play.  We did have a near drowning episode.  The girls wanted to get in the big pool so we started walking that way.  I bent down to pick up Madi and when I looked up Makenzie had gotten in the big pool on one of the steps around the side, the ledge that goes along the whole side of the pool not the steps leading into the pool.  She was so excited and said "look at me mommy", just as I started to panic and walk faster towards her.  She lost her balance and fell off the step and went under with just her little hands sticking out of the water.  I started running like my life depended on it, poor Madi was bouncing all over the place.  Luckily one of Leslie's daughters, Emma, grabbed her hands and pulled her back to the step.  I was SO SCARED.  It scared Kenzie pretty bad too.  She didn't leave my side the rest of the time.






We came back to the house and ordered pizza and played some more.  They wore my girls out and they went to sleep fast when they left.




No comments:

Post a Comment