Thursday, July 17, 2014

This and that

Scotty picked the girls up from school yesterday and took them to get ice cream!!  I took the opportunity to get a pedicure.   It was so nice to go and relax by myself.  Kenzie and I went for a walk after dinner. She had a really good time and talked to me the whole way!!!

Poor thing is so confused about our living situation.  We walked in front of our old house and she was convinced we were going there.  She kept saying, "that's my house, lets go home".  I keep explaining that someone else lives there now and we are getting a new one!!

Last night I was watching the ESPY awards with the boys and one of the speeches enlightened me.  He has cancer and is fighting for his life and it made me realize that my little problems are not that big.  Sure we don't have a house technically of our own right now, but we have a place to stay and are all together, and even though FedEx lost my new comforter that I just ordered,  it is materialistic and can be replaced.  The little "problems" I think about on a daily basis are not greater than the fact that I love my family, we are happy and healthy, and we have amazing friends and family that we love and love us.

I have still been trying cereal at night with Madison. She still hates it.  Last night she even puckered up and cried before the spoon even got to her mouth.  Stinker.

We got our final approval letter from the bank.  We are qualified and ready to go.  Just waiting on the person leasing our house to get his down payment together and close so we can close and move in.  We go by all the time to see it and have it mapped out for where we are going to put everything.  I have ordered new fun stuff.  We got a new comforter for our room....

Makenzie got a new comforter....
and the living room got a new rug....
I can't wait to see everything come together!

No comments:

Post a Comment