Friday, November 7, 2014

Madison is 9 months old

Another month has flown by and my sweet girl is 9 months old.  I know I say it every month, but I really wish time would slow down!!  These pictures were the hardest yet to get.  She wouldn't sit still, was infatuated with taking her bow off, and was more interested in what her sister was doing.

She has accomplished so much this month.  Madi is officially a crawler.  She mastered that and now is super fast.  She follows us all over the house.  She has pulled up a few times but not consistantly.  She keeps getting up on her feet when she crawls.  Hands on the ground, booty in the air and toes on the ground.  She better not be trying to stand up.  She has started waving bye bye when we leave her.  When I say something to her over and over, most of the time mama, she will try and repeat it back.  Now that she is eating again, she decided that she likes to hold her own bottle. 

 Sometimes I try and hold her hands instead so I can still feed her....not ready to give that up.  Her doctor was impressed that she already has 5 teeth and the 6th is barely under the skin.  
She does ok with teething and never really fusses.  I think all the teething is what was preventing us from feeding her bottles.  I try and keep her doped up on advil and that seems to help.  She has learned how to click her tongue.  Kenzie and I laugh when she has crawled away and we can't see her but we can hear her clicking.  My favorite thing she has started doing is giving kisses.  Big, sloppy, open mouthed kisses.  She will do it if I prompt her for kisses but sometimes will lean in on her own.  I love them!!!
This month was rough in the eating department.  She refused her bottle for a solid 3 weeks.  We were lucky to get 10 ounces in her all day.  She would eat her solid foods fine, but would lock her little lips together and wouldn't even let the bottle in her mouth.  Now that she is feeling better she is tearing up the bottles.  I normally make a 7 ounce bottle and most of the time she will take all of it.  She gets 4 to 5 bottles a day and a jar, sometimes a jar and a half, for breakfast, lunch and dinner.  I started giving her cheerios, diced baked apples and carrots and she loves it.  She is really good at picking them up and getting them in her mouth. 
Madison is a great sleeper.  I normally put her down about 7:30/8 and she sleeps all night until we get her up about 6:15 during the week or 7 if she wakes up on her own.  She takes 2 hour long naps during the day.  When she was sick she would wake up a few times but I think because she was hungry and/or her ears hurt.  Poor thing got her first ear infection and RSV this month.  
She is a petite little thing. (Definitely takes after her mama.....haha)  She lost almost a pound a half from being sick, and she was little before that.  She weighs 16 pounds (5-10%) and is 27.25" (25-50%) long.  Her noggin is 17" (25%).  I ran out of size 2 diapers so we switched to size 3.  They are big and she probably still needs a 2 but this is what we got.  She fits the best in 6-9m clothes.  She has outgrown 6m but the 9m is still a little baggy on her.  I still haven't put shoes on her.  I try but she rubs them off almost immediately.  I think she is almost in a size 2.  
Madi continues to be the sweetest little baby.  Her personality is so easy going and happy.  If she gets upset there is normally a reason.  She has developed a little separation anxiety if I leave her sight.  Secretly I love that she loves me so much but it does become a pain when I am trying to do something.  She is always happy and smiling.  Chasing after her sister is one of her favorite things to do.  She is very active and always on the move.  She is such a blessing to our family and we love her so much. 



I love comparing them at the same age.  I don't think they look anything alike.  Maybe because Makenzie was a chunk and Madi is skinny, but I love both those faces so much!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment