Sunday, November 15, 2015

Cheer Competition

Saturday morning we were up super early for Kenzie's cheer competition. Kenzie was very excited when she saw the table decorated for her.
 We had to be there at 8 and they weren't due to perform until around 11.  It was pretty chilly and the girls all wrapped up in blankets while us coaches did their make up.



































The girls did so good and won 2nd place.  We were one point away from 1st place and 20 points ahead of 3rd place.  They did so good and I was so proud.  I have a video of their performance but I can't get it off my camera.  I'll have to post it later.  After the competition the girls had a little break to get some lunch, snack bar lunch, and then they had to cheer for the Superbowl.  Our football team hadn't lost a game all year.  Sadly they did lost the Superbowl but we are so proud of their amazing season.  At halftime us parents surprised our girls and did their routine instead of them.
I'm in the front on the far left.  I had so much fun reliving my old cheerleader days.  I miss it.  The girls all thought it was hilarious.  Kenzie said I did so good and was proud of me.  That flip flop had me seeing stars afterwards and I'm pretty sure I'm going to be so sore tomorrow from those toe touches.  We finally left the football field after 6 hours and headed home.  My poor mom was a trooper.  She sat in the stands by herself for that long.  Madison stayed home with a sitter and was super excited to see us when we got home.  I was exhausted.  I fed the girls some dinner and threw them in the bath and by 7:30 both girls were in bed and I wasn't too far behind them.


No comments:

Post a Comment