Thursday, February 14, 2013

Be my Valentine

Happy Valentines Day!!! We had a wonderful day today.  Scotty and I got Makenzie a bear and gave it to her this morning--she loves it.  I snapped some pictures of her this morning before we left.

She took cookies and a bag of valentines to hand out to her friends and was so excited to carry her goodies up to the door.  Jennifer sent me a picture of her and her buddies all dressed up for Valentine's Day.  I love seeing her with her little friends.
After work we went for a jog.  We started out good, and then she got a little restless.  We had to stop to wipe her nose, put on her jacket, fix her straw in her cup--THREE TIMES, put one of her shows on my phone, pick up her snack she dropped......needless to say, I was totally over being out jogging.
 
I decided we hadn't had enough fun out on our walk, so I got out some craft stuff to make.  Holy crap!! you would have thought I was killing her with all the crying.  I got some red paint out to do her handprints in a heart----looked like a murder scene on my cabinets.  I was covered in paint, she was covered in paint, the cabinets and sink were covered.  And the only thing I could find quickly to wipe her hands was a dish towel--WHITE.  When we had finished and I looked around.....it was a disaster.  But our project turned out cute.





















Our little project also showed me that Makenize needs to get her hands dirty more.  She was freaking out that I put paint on her hands.  I'm going to get some finger paints and we are going to do some painting this weekend.  After another big meltdown, it was bath then bedtime. When Scotty came home, he gave me a sweet card, and a card Makenzie got me and gave to him to give me......I'm sure he's had them awhile and just decided to wait until 9 to give them to me---oh well, at least I got one!!   MEN!
 
Happy Valentines Day!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment