Thursday, February 28, 2013

Thursday Ramblings

Whew, this week is flying by and we've been so busy that I havn't had a chance to sit down and blog. 

Monday, I picked up Makenzie and we came home and played all night.  She is really into playing in her kitchen, so we spent a lot of time "cooking".  She will stir stuff in the pan on the stove and put things in her microwave and push buttons on it.  It's really cute to watch her.  It's like she knows exactly what she's doing.  I also found a new way to "bribe" her with diaper change and putting on her night night's.  I pick her up and throw her onto the bed.  She loves it.  I'll count 1-2-3 and swing her each time, and then toss her onto the bed.  She's so funny, she'll stand up and walk back to me, but before she gets to me, turns around and falls backwards--like she knows I'm going to catch her.  It's so funny. She giggles the whole time.  I kept trying to skype MiMi while we were playing, but she wasn't answering and I said one time "Where is that Mimi" in a deep voice, and Kenzie kept saying it over and over.  It was so funny!





Tuesday was a hot mess.  I had to rush home to pick up Makenzie by 6, rush to Royse City to meet a lady(that was actually her husband when I got there---makes me nervous), grabbed Kenzie a happy meal, then ran to our storage building that is close by there.  Let me expand a little on our storage building.  It is JAM PACKED.  It's a 10x10 and stuffed full.  Yes--we have a house, it is stuffed full too.  I told you I'm a hoarder.  Everytime we go to the storage building I see a new "critter" or cobweb, and this is just stuff I see from the entrance.  I've had a grasshopper jump in my face when we've opened it, spiders have fallen on me when I open the door.  It's awful and I do a fair amount of screaming when I'm there.  Anyways, the totes I needed are in the far back corner--NO WAY IN HECK I'M GOING BACK THERE.  There were 4 totes right up front (because I didn't want to put them away in the back the last time I came).  So I grabbed those.  As I was putting them in the car I smushed Kenzie's finger (a finger that shouldn't have been there in the first place) between two totes.  So of course, that was a meltdown.  She cried, I had to kiss the fingers (a million times), bribe her with juice--to no avail.  So I shut and locked the storage and rushed back home(with her screaming in the car the whole way).  I unloaded the totes and we rushed off to Costco to meet another lady.  Again, screaming the whole way.  I try everything.  I sing songs--until I'm dizzy, give her my phone with Mickey Mouse playing, snacks, dancing, animal noises--ANYTHING.  I finally give up and turn my music up loud and ignore her.  We finally make it home about 7:30'ish.  All of that in an hour and a half was exhausting.  It's bath night, but I'm too tired to do a bath, so we improvise and she plays in the sink while I mess around in the kitchen.  She had a blast and I got some cute pictures and the sweetest video ever.  She was laughing so hard and it completely made up for the stressful evening that we had!!



Wednesday, last night, we came home and played.  Makenzie was kind of fussy and cranky.  I made a Chicken Pot Pie that was delicious.

Chicken Pot Pie
*deep pie crust
*can of veg all
*can of cream of chicken
*chicken (most times I use a bigger can of chicken and then a smaller can too, or rotisserie chicken
-Mix all together and pour into half of the pie shell.  Unpeel the other pie crust and lay ontop of the mixture and crimp the sides together.  Bake at 375 for about 40 minutes.
I didn't take a good picture before I made my leftover plate, but heres an idea.


I have decided to consign Makenzie's clothes and shoes that she has outgrown.  I have about 14 totes full--yes she's only 18 months (tomorrow 19 months), but I have saved EVERYTHING.  I started sorting throught everything and getting out everything that I can sell.  They will only accept Spring/Summer clothes.  Of course one of my totes I got was all winter stuff, so I couldn't use that tote.  I bagged up all her shoes, in individual bags--filled up a whole tote.  I already have another tote that is full of 12 month summer clothes.  SO MUCH STUFF, it is going to take me forever to tag and hang up everything.  It also makes me really sad. Really sad. Like make me sit in the middle of all the stuff and cry sad.  It seems like just yesterday she was a tiny baby and I can remember specific days she wore an outfit or a place we went when she wore something.  It makes me realize just how fast she is growing--I don't like it!!  Here's the tote of shoes.

 Tonight, Aunt Korie and Dallas came over to "help hang up clothes and make tags", but all we ended up doing was playing and talking.  The babies ate chicken and peas--Makenzie LOVES peas and ate a whole container full.  Aunt Korie is watching Makenzie tomorrow, Monday and Tuesday(Jennifer is having a procedure done and not watching the kiddos), I'm hoping it wont be too crazy for her.

I havn't mentioned Scotty in this weeks catch up--oh yeah, because I havn't seen him all week.  He has been working so hard.  He does all the time, but the last week of the month is crunch time.  He has done so good, and I'm so proud of him.  He got salesman of the month, and exceeded his quota that he had set for himself. 


No comments:

Post a Comment