Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Papa's Birthday Dinner

Tonight we went out to eat for Papa's birthday.  His actual birthday is tomorrow, but tonight is the only night that worked for everyone.  Scotty picked Makenzie up and got a cake for me, so as soon as I got home we loaded up and headed to Mesquite to eat at Iron Chef.  It's a hibachi resturant, but not as good as we are used to at our usual place in Rockwall. The food was actuall pretty bad, but the company was good.  Austin and Melanie met us there and had Caleb and 2 of his friends.  Travis came with Mimi and Papa and his new girlfriend was our waitress. Makenzie did pretty good, and even said "Mimi" a few times which made Mimi's day.  Towards the end she got a little restless and we got her out of her high chair and let her roam, there was only one other person in the resturant.  Papa had to wear a funny hat and hit a bong(I came back to edit this after it was brought to my attention......he did not hit a "bong" just a gong......bong would have made it way more interesting though....lol)  while they sang Happy Birthday!!
 We had a great time.  Always crazy when we all get together. 

Yesterday, Jennifer sent me the sweetest picture of Makenzie sleeping. She said she let her rock her to sleep and then napped in her arms.  She never holds still long enough when I hold her for her to take a nap.



 Love that sweet face.  That night when we got home, I put her on the counter while I made dinner.  I heard her saying "nana nana".  I looked over and she had found a banana on the counter.  Such a sweet little voice.

I bought some peanut butter sandwhiches, yes the frozen ones, and gave her one to try.  I have been wanting to try out the whole peanut butter thing to see if she would have an allergy or not.  She took 2 bites and decided it was the worst thing she had ever tasted.  But, she did eat a tiny tiny bit of peanut butter and didn't have a reaction, so I'm hoping we are in the clear for peanuts.  After dinner, I realized that one of her babies that I just got her had a battery pack inside, so I changed out the batteries and the once cute baby became pretty creepy.  The eyes blink very dramatically and you can hear them when, and she says "mama" and "mommy" and giggles.  I showed it to Kenzie and at first she just stared at it, and then giggled at it.


Do you hear those creepy eyes???  She loves it though!!   She has got so many babies now.  She just loves them so much.  She very rarely plays with anythings else, other than the occasional book or shape sorters.




















No comments:

Post a Comment