Sunday, February 17, 2013

Family Fun-day Sunday

What a great weekend we have had.  I'm soooo not looking forward to going to work tomorrow.  Speaking of, not sure if I have mentioned this or not, but starting March 1st I will be working 8-3.  I originally gave my 2 week notice and was going to stay home, but was offered to work 2 days a week and accepted.  A few days ago my boss told me they were having a hard time finding someone to work the other half of my shift and asked if I would be willing to try working 8-3 everyday.  After talking to Scotty, we decided that it would be silly not to accept this offer.(if I were to quit or take the 2 days a week, he was going to have to put me and Makenzie on his insurance at work, and it is super expensive)  I am struggling in the evenings getting off at 5:15 (which is always be closer to 6 before we actually get to leave), rushing home to get Makenzie by 6, or having to scramble and find someone that can pick her up for me, cooking dinner, feeding her, bath time and bed.  I feel like I dont' get any time to spend with her.  I'm hoping by getting off at 3 it will take the pressure off in the evenings.  I'm super excited. 

Ok, back to today!!  We slept in late and decided to go have brunch at Glorias.  Makenzie did really good.  Its always a win if we all get to sit down together and eat.  She behaved the whole time, and put away a bean and cheese quesadillas.
 
She even sat in the seat beside me.  I had JUST put a napkin in her lap to try and save her shirt and pants, when a big blop of beans fell out the bottom.  Whew!!  After brunch we went to Wal Mart to get our groceries for the week.  She even did good there and only got a little cranky at the end, and rode on Scotty's shoulders.
 



 
She loved riding on his shoulders, and kept reaching down to "honk" his nose...it was so funny!

 We came home and put the little one down for a nap, and just laid around all afternoon watching a movie and napping off/on.  When she got up, Scotty took her outside to play on the swingset while I made dinner.  We had chicken enchiladas and they were so good.
 
Chicken Enchiladas
*shredded chicken (I use a rotisserie chicken and just pull apart)
*sour cream
*green chilies
*shredded cheese
*tortillas
*cream of chicken (mix with half a can of milk and warm on stove)
Mix together sour cream with the chilies and fill tortillas with mixture, chicken, and cheese.  Once your pan is full, cover with soup (make sure the corners or tortillas get covered or they will get crispy in the over). Bake at 350 for 20 minutes covered with foil.  Uncover and add cheese and let bake additional 5-10 minutes. 


 They were a big hit.  After dinner, I did a few loads of laundry, put Kenzie in the bath, and then had a treat of icecream.  Scotty had gone to Braums while I was giving her a bath.  She is her mama's girl and LOVES orange sherbert ice cream!!! 
 
I got Makenzie's Valentines day pictures back from her photo shoot.  Not my favorite at all.  I love HER in them, but wasn't crazy about the lighting or the back drops.  She is getting too big to sit in front of a backdrop with props now anyways.  She's too busy and wants to walk around and explore, not sit there and pose for a picture.






























 She was in rare form that day.  Not one smile, no cute smirks--just stared at Tamera.  It was so frustrating.  O-well.  I just signed her up for Easter pictures(even though I told myself I wasn't going to) so hopefully she will perform more that day.  There is going to be baby chicks and a bunny!

 


No comments:

Post a Comment