Sunday, February 10, 2013

Busy weekend

We had such a busy, fun weekend.  Friday, I picked up Makenzie and went to Aunt Korie's house so Kenzie could play with Dallas.  Shannon and Presley were there too, and we all had a great time hanging out.  Scotty met us there, and John Poe came and cooked us a delicious breakfast dinner. 
The babies were getting restless, so Aunt Korie read them a story--they were totally all into it. It was cute.

Saturday morning, Laura and Bella came over.  Laura was doing my hair and Makenzie and Bella played/destroyed my living room.  They had EVERY single toy out.  It just showed that they had a blast.  Kenzie kept saying "Bella" and even said "Laura" once or twice.  They girls play together really well.  They looked adorable in their matching outfits too.  Laura and I always comment on each others pictures that we have alot of the same clothes.

I love this last picture.  Makenzie wasn't thrilled that Bella was on her horse, and Bella's face is priceless. Like, "I'm really pissing her off by sitting on her horse, haha".
I had to get onto Makenzie for some reason, and this picture shows how she will lay her head down when she gets mad/sad.  It's so cute and makes me laugh everytime.  Mimi came over and picked up Makenzie and took her back home with her.  That night, I had my monthy Keno party.  A bunch of us ladies get together and play a card game, drink wine, gossip, and laugh.  It's always a great time.  I brought Jessica with me, and hopefully she wants to keep coming.  Afterwards, I dropped Jessica off and picked up Scotty and we went to Buffalo Wild Wings to hang out and have a drink, or two.  It was nice to spend some alone time together, and to celebrate--Scotty had a really good day at work.

Sunday, Scotty and I got to sleep in--haha yeah right.  My mommy clock is set for 7'ish, even with no kiddo at home to wake me up.  We layed around and got coffee and then went to pick up a playhouse we bough Makenzie off of craigslist.  I can't wait to get it cleaned up and put together--she's going to LOVE it.  We decided to stop by Gloria's and have brunch and Mimosas--it was so yummy.  We found our new brunch spot for sure.  We also went and celebrated with our friends Eric and Jessica at their gender reveal party.  They're having a.....

GIRL.......they have an adorable daughter named Rileigh that is 5, and is going to be a great big sister.  I'm so happy for them!!! 

After the party, we went to pick up my girl.  I missed her so much.  She was passed out on Mimi and Papa's bed.  She must have been super tired because she has never napped anywhere except her bed.  She was excited to see us.  Mimi says Makenzie finally said "Mimi" one time while she was there.  She got a new baby that opens and closes her eyes, and Mimi says it was freaking Makenzie out at first.  She also has picked up a new habit.  For the last few weeks she picks and pulls at the skin on her upper lip in the center.  I thought it was when she would get nervous at first, but now I think its a habit.  Mimi would put lipstick, AKA carmax, on it and would tell her to rub her lips together.  She rubs her lips together but sticks her tounge in and out too--so cute.  I'll get it on video. 

I'm sad to see the weekend over, and dreading my early Monday in the morning. 

No comments:

Post a Comment