Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Busy Wednesday

I feel like I ran around all day.  On the way to work, I had to get gas---I was down to 2 miles left in my tank--then got coffee and went to work.  At lunch I had a million errands to do and came back and was slammed the rest of the day at work.  When I got off work, I had to run to Rowlett to pick up some stuff that I bought Kenzie (5 babydolls, 2 outfits and a bathing suit for $13...not bad), then go to Royse City to pick up another outfit---I have an online shopping problem, I admit it.  Scotty had picked up Makenzie and started dinner by the time I got home, so I slipped out for a run.  It was so nice to crank up the music, (can't do that when I'm pushing Makenzie because I can't hear her if she needs me), run without pushing a stroller, and without having to sing songs the whole way or listen to Mickey Mouse Clubhouse on my phone. When I came home, I sat on the floor to stretch, and Makenzie came and sat in front of me to stretch too---no prompting.  It was adorable.


I wish this last one wasn't so bright.  She was so cute stretching.  And if only I could be as limber as her.  She just lays over flat on her legs. 

Scotty did an awesome job on dinner.  He made French's Onion Crispy Chicken.  It is delicious.

French's Onion Crispy Chicken
Crunch up a bag on French's onions and place in bowl.  Mix 2 eggs in a bowl.  Dip chicken breast in the egg first and then roll in the onions (make sure to coat good).  Place on lightly greased pan and bake on 400 for about 35 minutes. 
 (This is my plate for tomorrow, I ended up not eating since I had just gotten done jogging--but I did steal a few bites from Makenzie's plate)

Kenzie loved it.....ate everything on her plate!!!  It's funny I say that....today at work, a co-worker and I were talking about meal time with our kids.  She has a little older kids and said she would rather them eat anything they wanted, just to make sure they ate something.  And I feel like Makenzie should eat what I fix (until she's old enough to make herself something--I'm not a short order cook).  When I was little, I remember being so picky and would have to sit at the table until my plate was done(or secretly shredded and balled up and discarded under the table to make it look like I had eaten everything). I would like to make it a rule that she has to at least TRY everything on her plate.  I don't think I will make her sit there and eat everything on her plate, but teach her that if she dosn't eat what/when we eat, she dosn't get anything later.  Parenting is hard and you never know if you are making the right decision, but I have to get some kind of control at meal time now while shes little so I don't have to battle it later.  She does really well for the most part, but there are days where she won't touch a thing (maybe she dosn't love my gormet cooking--who knows)

No comments:

Post a Comment