Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Tuesday Tidbits

Happy Tuesday!!!  One day closer to the weekend.  Picked up Makenzie after work and went for a jog/run.  2 days in a row---we're on a roll!! Today was chilly and cloudy.  We ended up going down the main street of our neighborhood and back.
                                              

 We came home and her diaper was super wet, so I took it off while I fixed dinner......well......she peepee's all over the kitchen floor......and I was this close to putting her on the potty after I took her diaper off just to see what would happen, dang it.  So in the kitchen sink she went.
 I made baked ziti a few weeks ago for our friends, the Poes, after they had baby Presley.  It makes two pans so I had one saved in the freezer.  It was yummy!

Baked Ziti:
Ziti noodles--cooked as directed
Brown a pound of hamburger meat and drain
Mix noodles, meat, jar of spaghetti sauce (I use Prego-Fresh Mushroom Italian), and 2 cups of mozzarella cheese. I normally add mushrooms too.
Bake in 9x13 pan covered in foil at 350 degrees for 20 minutes, then top with more cheese and bake additional 5 minutes uncovered.

Makenzie has added a few words these last few days.  When I picked her up today, she kept saying juice and wanted her cup.  And on our walk, she waved and said "hello" or "hi" to all the cars passing or people running by.  It's really cute.  She also has a new not so cute habit.....hitting.  The last few nights if she gets mad or frustrated she swats at me, or the table or whatever is making her mad. I get on to her and she gives me her astonished face--eyes open big and mouth in a big O like she can't believe I just got onto her, and then will take her tiny little hands and cover her eyes and then go lay her head down on whatever is near......it is so freaking cute and so hard not to laugh.  I'll catch a picture sometime!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment