Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Merry Christmas

Merry Christmas!!  We had such a wonderful Christmas.  We started it off by having the Smith side of the family over to celebrate Christmas Eve.  We are lucky enough that my parents and Korie's parents are close to the family and come over to celebrate too. 


 
Grandma and Grandpa came with Destiny, and Korie and Lance came with Dallas and Arielle.  Angela and Gerald came with Randy and Savannah and baby Emmanuel.  Along with Bebe and Papa and Sue and Robby--we had a full house.  We all brought snacks and ate and visited and then dug into presents.






It was a late night and just as we were getting Makenzie into bed, her smoke detector in her room started beeping because of a low battery--are you kidding??  Of course we didn't have a spare battery but luckily Korie did.  Scotty went down and got it and finally Kenzie went to bed.  It was a late night for mommy and daddy but it looks like Makenzie was a good girl this year.  Santa was very good to her.   (I'm sure Santa was very upset that he didn't get to set up the trampoline for Makenzie.  I'm sure that was his plan all along so she could wake up and go outside to see it.  The weather didn't cooperate with him this year)






We got about half way through and stopped to play and rest.  Kenzie and Scotty were in her room playing so I laid down in my bed and watched them on the monitor and dozed off a little.  I woke up to a snoring husband and a crossways sleeping baby.  I got up and cleaned up the mess in the living room while they slept and then we got up and headed to Bebe and Papa's to have Christmas with them.

 I bought this paper weight for my dad when I was in elementary school and every year I would re-wrap it and give it to him.  One year he ended up giving it to me and every year since then it has been passed back and forth between us. 



Kenzie was very spoiled this year, and she still has more presents to unwrap here at the house.  My plan was to take her to school tomorrow (I'm off work but her school is open and paid for the week) and I was going to start taking down all the Christmas stuff and get our house back in order.  It is so clustered right now and we have no room for anything.  My dad is planning on coming over so we can get a shelf hung in Madison's closet.  Kenzie hasn't been acting herself this week.  She's been very whiny and crying at the drop of a hat and just very grumpy and mean.  Tonight before bed she complained of her left ear hurting and then when I laid her down she woke back up not long after and was crying and whining saying "boo boo".  I gave her some advil and got her to go to sleep but I'm already preparing myself for a sleepless night with her.  I think I may have to take her to the doctor tomorrow and get her ear looked at.  Poor baby.

We had a wonderful Christmas.  It is so true that it is even more special with kiddos.  Seeing the look on her face as she opened her gifts and how excited she would get when she saw what it was and immediately wanted every box opened so she could play with it.  I can't wait to have 2 babies to celebrate with next year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment