Friday, December 20, 2013

Sick baby

Poor Kenzie girl just can't shake this yucky cold!  She is taking her antibiotics since Tuesday, but Thursday she got sent home from school with a fever!  She fell asleep at 6:15 on the floor so I carried her to her bed and she woke up at 9:30 crying and had fever so I moved her to bed with me!  Neither one of slept at all! She tossed and turned and I turned off all our fans (Scotty and I both have one on our nightstand and our ceiling fan) so it wouldn't be too drafty for her, so I was burning up and needed the noise to sleep! She woke up with 102 fever so I stayed home with her and we headed to the doctor! They swabbed her for the flu, which was negative, and said it looks like she has a virus on top of her strep throat! We headed home and took a 3 hour nap and then just laid around all day!  

Later we headed down to Korie's house to meet up and go to our amenity center for the Polar Express they put on!  Santa was there and a little train and buses that took us through the neighborhood to look at lights! 

We headed home and Scotty brought home dinner!  Kenzie didn't eat, just took a few bites and laid around so we put her to bed! (She really didn't eat much all day now that I think about it)  About 20 minutes later I heard her coughing and then crying for me!  Poor thing had thrown up all in her bed!  After a cleanup and a little bath we got her settled back down and in bed!  My fingers are crossed that it was from the coughing and not tummy bug!  Bless her heart!  

No comments:

Post a Comment