Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Smith/Poe Family Christmas party

Sunday we packed up and headed to the Poe's for the day!  We all brought foods to cook and crafts to do while the boys watched football!  Kenzie started us out with a scare and did one of her breath holding things and passed out--scariest thing EVER!  (She had a toy in her mouth and Scotty took the toy and told her not to put stuff in her mouth and she turned to run away and tripped. I heard her cry but a weird cry and then nothing!  I was making sausage balls so I stopped and washed my hands and went to walk to where she was, and Scotty had already picked her up and was heading to me! Her face was blue, she was crying with no sound and her back was arched and body stuff! I took her from him and was "gently" rocking and shaking her--nothing, she wouldn't wake up! I panicked for a minute and said someone call 9-1-1 and everyone already had their phones out!  She let out a little wimper and then started crying!  I have never been so scared in my life!  Poor Scotty wouldn't let her out of his sight for the rest if the day!  I ended up googling all night about breath holding and everything was exactly like what she did and "normal".  I still don't like it.)

We had delicious foods and got some flowers made for Madison's room!
Then we opened some presents!  Kenzie got a super cute Doc McStuffin set and some pajamas and coloring set!  
We loaded up and headed to Grand Prairie to the "Prairie Lights".
It was really neat!  We rode with John, Shannon and Presley and let the kids sit up front so they could see!  They could care less!  They had more fun climbing over everything and going from front to back, and crying! Kenzie peed through her pants and had to ride home pantless.  Maybe we'll come back without the kiddos!  

I love starting traditions and making memories with my best friends, who are more like family!  We can fight and argue but always make up and I know truly they are my extended family and we are so blessed to have them to go through life with! 

No comments:

Post a Comment