Sunday, December 15, 2013

Weekend Wrap Up

We had such a busy, fun weekend.  When I picked Kenzie up from school on Friday, her pictures with Santa were in.  Her teacher said that she was so cute and just cuddled up to him that they couldn't pick which picture to print so they printed and gave me all 3.  I took pictures of the pictures with my phone, but they are so much cuter in person.


We went on a family date to On the Border Friday after work.  It was so yummy!  In her bucket of books for the 25 days of Christmas, she had a few Christmas movies so I thought it was the perfect night for her to open one of those.  We discovered that our DVD player doesn't work.  Womp Womp  I got out the car DVD player and her and I laid on the couch and watched all of about 10 minutes of it before she got bored.  Who doesn't love Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer???? 

Saturday morning we woke up and went to get to breakfast after Scotty left for work.  I heard her sneeze and looked in the rear view mirror to see her throwing up.  Throw up in the car is by far the worst thing ever.  So glad I chose to get her a purple slush to go with her egg burrito.  We raced home and I cleaned her up....she was so sad she got it on her blanket and she couldn't have it, so the car ride was even worse than normal.  I was so nervous she was getting the stomach bug, so I gave her small sips of water.  That girl was running around like crazy, talking up a storm and playing like nothing ever happened.  I took her temperature, which was normal, so I went ahead and got us ready to go to my work Christmas party.

She looked adorable and we headed out.  (I loaded up with an extra set of clothes for both up us, towels and plastic bags....just in case)  All was good on the drive there and we had a blast at the party.  They do a raffle and everyone gets to pick a prize.  Kenzie picked a soft pink elephant and when my number was called I helped her pick a blue owl for Madison's room. We played a few games and then hit the road.

 We were heading to Caleb's birthday party and she started to feel bad again, I thought, so I decided we better head home and rest.  She passed out in the car and we went and picked up Bebe to come stay the night with us.  She woke up from her nap feeling fine and running around again.  I truly think she must have gotten a little choked up while eating and when she sneezed it just brought it up.  Who knows, but knock on wood she has been fine ever since.  Bebe helped me go through all the clothes totes in the garage and got them labeled.  We made it through 5 totes before I got sore from sitting on the ground and before Kenzie drove us me crazy.

Kenzie put on everything we pulled out of the totes.  Hats, pants, bloomers.  The purple pants she has on are 0-3 months.  She was cracking me up.  She also took possession of all the burp clothes that I had saved for Madison.  I can see how my future is going to be with Makenzie and Madison's stuff.  We got through all the newborn-9m stuff and also filled up 2 totes full of stuff that won't fit Madison in the right season or that I wasn't in love with.  Now I need to wash stuff and get it in her closet and dresser!

Sunday we woke up and got ready to head to Presley's birthday party.  I can't believe that sweet girl is 1 already.  Well, not until Tuesday, but close enough.  She is so cute and sweet and good natured--we just love her.  Shannon did everything in animal print and it was so cute.  We all had a great time!










We left there and headed to Scotty's work Christmas party.  I knew it was going to be ugly with her not having a nap.  His company rents out a VIP room of Shennanigan's and there is bowling and food and Santa comes and hands out presents to all the kids.  Kenzie saw Santa as we were walking in and insisted on seeing him.  She ran right up to him and turned around for him to lift him onto his lap.  I guess they are old buddies at this point.

I had to take her out of the room several times due to her throwing herself on the floor throwing tantrums.  She also managed to spill water all over the table and our plate of food.  It was ugly--just as I predicted.  She was however excited to open her gift from Santa.  It was a galloping princess on a horse.  (Little does she know I think she has more of these coming for Christmas).  She loved it.

We left there and headed home to do bath, laundry and clean up.  I need a weekend for my weekend.  We didn't get to rest at all, but at least it was spent with friends and family that we love.  This upcoming week looks to be just as busy.  Lots to do and get done before Christmas, and we have bad icy weather coming again this weekend. 

No comments:

Post a Comment