Saturday, July 27, 2013

Birthday Weekend

My sweet Kenzie girl is sick for her birthday weekend.  Thursday night she was pretty mopey and just laid on me all night and a few times said her tummy hurt.  Then Friday morning she kept saying her ear hurt the whole way to school.  I went ahead and made an appt to have her ears looked at (only because her birthday party is this weekend, otherwise I probably would have watched her for a few days).  Scotty brought her in for her appointment--STREP!!  I canceled her tonsil surgery last week because she had been doing so well.  I guess we jinx'ed ourselves.  Her ENT said if she got it again to call back and get her on the books again.  She got her meds started right away and will be good to go for her birthday party--and not contagious. 
I came home with her and cleaned house while she napped.  Korie and Shannon and their kiddos came by later in the afternoon--they were forewarned about the strep.  We hung out and then went and ate dinner.  It was Kenzie's first time in a big girl chair (they were out of high chairs).  She did good and ate really well.
This morning we have been running around like crazy.  I decided to do some purging around the house and listed a bunch of stuff on the facebook garage sale sites.  I ended up selling all of it and scheduled pick up's for this morning.  We left the house at 9:30 and didn't get back home until 12:45.  Kenzie did really good for not feeling good and sitting in her carseat that long.  (I may or may not have bought another stroller off a facebook site while we were out.  It was a really good deal)  We also had to run a few errands to take some stuff back.  While we were in Charming Charlie, I ran into a sweet blog friend.  It was nice to meet her in person.  It's so funny to be so connected to someone just by reading their blog.  And be able to recognize someone you've never actually met before. 
 
 I have to get everything packed up and loaded in the car for her party tomorrow.  I'm so excited for her birthday party!! She's such a sweet girl!!


No comments:

Post a Comment