Sunday, August 25, 2013

Galveston Part 1

We have been in Galveston since Thursday!  Our little family had the most wonderful time and made the best memories!  

We left Thursday night after my baby appointment!  We ended up getting on the road about 7:30!  Scotty and I both were dreading the ride since it's a well know fact Makenzie HATES the car. Surprisingly, she did well! She had one break down and then watched Little Mermaid and went to sleep!  Everything was running smooth, until....Scotty got a speeding ticket!  We were 18 miles from our exit and coming up on midnight!  The trooper shined his light in her window and woke her up which scared her! We finally got to the hotel and got everything in and we all passed out!  Kenzie did really good and slept between us!  I woke up the next morning to her saying "hold you mama" with her little arms stretched out to me! I could wake up to that every morning!  
We got up Friday morning and went to breakfast downstairs! It wasn't that great and we decided we'de go out the next morning!  Afterwards we headed up to change for the beach! Makenzie LOVED the beach!

She loved walking into the water!  She was fearless!  She would carry her little bucket around and then sit down and start digging in the sand! She loved looking for shells and putting them in her bucket!  She would pat the sand and say "sit mama" or "sit dada" and we would sit next to her and let the waves splash up on us!  It was perfect!  I loved seeing her little sandy booty cheeks running around!   
We left the beach and headed back to the room to get ready for lunch! We decided on Rainforest Cafe and she loved it at first...
And then se remembered how tired she was, and......
Fell asleep at the table!  I held her and walked her out to the car, and carried her up to our room and laid her down and she slept through all of that! The next thing I see is....
The sleepyheads slept for about 2 hours and then we got ready for the beach again to meet up with The Poes and The Smiths!
We dug around in the sand and played for a little while!  We all headed back to our rooms and got ready for dinner! We decided on Fish Tails! It was yummy!
I love how both babies are looking up at Arielle! They love her!!!
We went back to our room after dinner and hung out and watched a little TV and then called it a night!  Kenzie snuggled me and went to bed pretty easy! I on the other hand got to listen to her slurp on her thumb and my sweet husband snore for a long time before I was finally able to go to sleep!!!  I love my little family!!!

Day one in Galveston was a success!  

No comments:

Post a Comment