Sunday, August 25, 2013

Galveston Part 2

Saturday morning I woke up to sweet snuggles from Kenzie again! I secretly loved her sleeping with us (don't worry, she's back to her bed as soon as we get home--we all want our own space).  Scotty got up and went and got us Sonic and we had a picnic in bed the we got ready and headed to the beach!
We had a blast again!  She loved it just as much as she did the day before! I think she played even harder!  She discovered how fun it is to chase after the birds and run up and down the beach!  She loved riding on her daddy's shoulders into the water!
We headed back to our room to get ready to meet the group for lunch!  We went to a pizza place that had the best pizza ever!  
Dallas kept playing with Makenzie's pony tail--it was so funny watching his facial expressions!!
After lunch we went back to their hotel to swim! Their pool was way better than ours!  It was so fun!  They had a DJ playing great music and a swim up bar! I got a virgin Miami Vice and pretended it was full of alcohol!!  The pool went around in a circle around the bar and we would take Makenzie in her float around and she loved it!  A lady kept coming up saying how much she thought Makenzie was gorgeous, and talking to her! On one of her rounds she asked to hold her(as she was taking her from my arms) and of course my daughter, who knows no stranger, went right with her.  I of course stayed right with her, she was very nice and obviously had had too much to drink! She just kept gushing over Makenzie and when I tried to get her back.....Makenzie clung to her!  I pried her off and politely walked away! I appreciate you thinking my baby is adorable, but keep your hands off!!!  John rented a cabana for everyone and we went up and hung out in there to get a break from the sun! 
We relaxed and ate snacks, the babies danced!  It was nice!  We got dressed and headed to dinner!  Makenzie and Dallas were so cute on the way down!  they held each others hands and then kissed.

This time we had Mexican food! 

We all had to ride the horses out front!!! Dinner was good but we were all anxious to get back to the pool!  We went back and changed into our bathing suites and went back down to the pool!  We swam for a little while!  I didn't get to sit in the hot tub, which is my favorite part!!  Kenzie was more than ready to go to sleep so we called it a night and headed home!  She fell asleep before she was even buckled into her carseat! I carried her upstairs and she stayed asleep for the rest of the night!!! It was a wonderful night! Great family time and then wonderful friends and swimming!!!

This morning we woke up to rain and thundering! Glad we got our beach days in before the weather got bad!  We packed up and loaded the car and hit the road!  Kenzie watched her movie and was very good, for awhile! We stopped for lunch and then she fell asleep! When she woke up all Hell broke loose!  She cried for the last hour home!  Cried, growled, hyperventilated, snot everywhere, screamed--awful! I tried everything and then finally we just had to ignore it! It was torture!  
My least favorite part of vacation is getting home and unpacked!  I finally got everything put away and all the laundry done!  Kenzie was excited to be home and play with her toys! I think she missed Kirby too...
Silly girl!!  We all miss Kirby and its so weird not having him sniffing around today!!

We had the best little vacation and already looking forward to our next one!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment