Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Gymnastics

I have waited to start Makenzie in gymnastics for as long as I can remember!  Tonight was the night! Her first class. I was so excited--it felt like it was MY first class!!

We got there a little early, and she was so excited she didn't even want to sit and wait for her class to start!  They opened the class by jumping on the trampoline---this is her favorite thing to do by far!!!
They all sat in a circle and held hands and then the teacher bounced them like popcorn--she loved it!  

Then they moved to the foam pit. They sat on one side and then crawled to us through the pit!  She was not sure about this at all! (I don't blame her). Her teacher held her hand and she made her way over to me!
And then she got to swing out over the pit!  I did not think she would do this at all, but she loved it!!!  Her teacher was impressed and said it normally takes about 2-3 classes before they will do it!
They did a little obstacle course that she was not into! I think she was tired and overwhelmed!  She sat down and cried for a minute! She saw her daddy in the stands and started saying "daddy, daddy hi daddy" and waving--it was so cute!  I could bribe her a little by telling her to show daddy what she could do! She also got to jump down the long tumble trampoline into the foam pit! She liked this, and instead of jumping into the pit she did a bottom buster on the end of the trampoline and then bounced into the pit--silly girl!!! 
I was very surprised at how well she walked on the balance beam! She didn't even need me and wasn't even watching where she was going, but she only wanted to go about halfway and then was over it!

At the end of the class they all gather in a circle and get stickers and stamps on their feet!  She was so excited for a sticker but kept calling the stamps "boo boo's".
We had so much fun, but it wore me out! She did really good, but it was so hard keeping her in line and away from the trampoline! I was very proud of her Nd can't wait to go again next week!!

No comments:

Post a Comment