Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Decorating the Christmas tree and Santa Clause trip #2

I was so excited to show Makenzie the Christmas tree this morning.  I brought her in and plugged in the tree and her little face was priceless.  She said "ohh pretty mommy".  She went around and touched all the ornaments and named all the colors.

When I walked in to pick up Makenzie today from school I didn't even recognize her.  She had on her pink sparkly toms, white socks, boys long plaid shorts (red, green and navy), a lime green tee shirt with hot pink ladybug on it, and her hair a mess.  If she hadn't said mama and run up to me I would have kept looking for her.  Apparently she pooped and dug her hand in her diaper and then wiped it on herself.  Disgusting.  We went home and changed and headed out to see Santa again.  We were the only ones there again and we walked right up to and talked for a minute.  Santa won her over with a candy cane and I sat her down.  She seemed a little uneasy at first and then looked at me and said "cheese".  She smiled and talked to him the whole time.  It was precious.

We snapped a few pictures and then she got down and talked to Santa and then reached up to give him a high five.

Total success!!  Kenzie was as proud of herself as I was of her for being such a big girl.  She got a sucker and then we walked around and saw the fishies and headed home!
We ran by Wal-Mart and got some groceries and came home and ate dinner.  After dinner I let Kenzie hang some ornaments on the tree.  She LOVED it. 



I wanted to save a few so she could do them with her daddy so we went outside to wait for him. 



 Her new thing is to wear our shoes.  She came in the bedroom where we were wearing his work shoes and so proud of herself.  She is such a ham and I'm so happy to be her mommy. 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment