Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Exhaustion

I don't think I have ever been as tired as I have been this week!!  It's all I can do to get through work and then just try to lay on the couch the rest of the night.  Anyone with a 2 year old knows it's impossible to just lay around in the evenings.  I think Kenzie knows I'm exhausted and wants to see how far she can push me before I snap.  (little does she know, I'm about to cross that line). 

Sunday night I put Kenzie to bed about 8 and I was asleep by 10.  At 11 she was up crying which set me up to pee a million times and flop around like a whale until I fell back asleep only to wake back up at 2 when she woke up again.  This time she just let out enough cry to wake me up, make me pee and roll around forever.  I kept looking at the monitor to check on her and she was just sitting up in bed sucking her thumb.  I couldn't go back to sleep until I knew she was asleep, so we were up for about another hour only to wake back up at 5 when she got restless again.  OMG.  I felt like I had a newborn baby without all the sweet cuddles when she wakes up.  Needless to say it was a Starbucks morning and I could barely keep my eyes open all day. 

She insisted on having dinner in "her" bumbo chair and have me feed her that night.
I'm pretty much doing anything at this point to avoid a fight so I just went with it.  Monday night she actually slept all night thank goodness.

Tuesday we had to pick Kirby up from the vet after work.  Scotty took him in to have his all day glucose test, except they didn't even have to do all day because his sugars were so high by lunch there was no reason to continue testing.  WTH  We have to increase his insulin some more and see how he does for the next 2 weeks.  I don't know why his sugars won't just regulate already!!  Makenzie insisted on holding Kirby on the way home.
After dinner she played for a little while and then it was bath time.  When I mentioned taking a bath she went into a total meltdown and tantrum.  I was holding her hand leading her to the bathroom when I felt her little arm go limp and I turned around and she was crying so hard she was holding her breath and her face was white and lips purple and was passing out.  I was able to hold her and she finally let out her breath and cried softer and then was fine.  This is the 3rd time now that she has done the whole holding her breath thing and I hate it.  I've checked with the doctor and they have reassured me there is nothing to worry about (just don't let her fall and hit her head) and as soon as she "passes out" she will breath and be fine.  It's still so scary!

Today we went to Korie's house to hang out.  The kids played and Korie and I made my maternity sash for our pictures in a few weeks.  It turned out super cute and I can't wait to wear it.
It has a light pink satin ribbon that ties it around my tummy.  I'm totally happy with it and think it will look great!!  While we were sitting at the table doing crafts, Makenzie fell out of the kitchen chair and landed on the floor.  It's a pretty tall chair so I was so scared.  She had a scratch on the side of her head and arm so I guess she hit the side of the table on the way home.   Koko got her a little ice pack and she seemed fine thank goodness.

Oh to be 2 and get so much joy in hitting the kitchen light with a glue stick.  They were so funny!  We came home so I could do Kirby's medicine and I turned on the CMA awards.  I found Makenzie having a dance party in the living room when I came back in.
She is such a mess.  She has added snuggling with Kirby to our bedtime routine.  When we tuck her in at night she insist that Kirby gets in the bed too and he has to kiss her before we can leave.  She will take his little face and say "mo kiss kirbydog" and make him kiss her....poor dog looks scared to death but goes along with it.  It's really sweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment